PDA

View Full Version : The tau skyray model Q ??

brigade101
13-08-2009, 04:14
THe Tau Skkray model. I know it includes the Hammerhead sprue as well but do the Skyray and Hammerhead use the same turret ? If you had 2 Devilfish and a Skyray could you then have a Skyray , a Hammerhead and a Devilfish ? Does anyone know if the assembly guides for the Skyray and/or Hammerhead are online anywhere ?

trapper
13-08-2009, 04:25
THe Tau Skkray model. I know it includes the Hammerhead sprue as well but do the Skyray and Hammerhead use the same turret ? If you had 2 Devilfish and a Skyray could you then have a Skyray , a Hammerhead and a Devilfish ? Does anyone know if the assembly guides for the Skyray and/or Hammerhead are online anywhere ?

The turret is different for each model. You'd be stuck as far as the front weapons though.

zetaplus
13-08-2009, 05:27
They share common instructions. It is one book for all.

Jackmojo
13-08-2009, 05:47
Trapper's right, you'd need to grab a few extra bits for the nose guns as you'll only get one of those sprues. With only a few extra bits you can manage it though (especially if you go dual burst cannons on one and SMS on the other.

Personally I'd never buy anything but Skyrays, even if you only want Devilfish as they give you the bits you need for a warfish (devilfish with SMS) which other wise you don't get.

Also magnets are your friends on Tau stuff.

Jack

trapper
13-08-2009, 05:53
You dont even need magnets for alot of the tau stuff. I have my hammerhead with a small pin in the mount for the heavy gun so I can use either the rail or ion, they can go on the right or left too if I want a 'backward' turret. And the burst cannon and SMS are just plug and play so they switch easily and fast. Though if you DID use the skyray magnets would be great for the missiles.

For battlesuits though I can see magnets being great. Oh how I wish I had all my tau models unglued (got them when tau first cameout...and I must say I wasnt very smart with what guns I gave each, was more of a 'those two look cool together' thing.)

Desert Rain
14-08-2009, 10:48
So if I want to buy a Hammerhead I can buy the Sky Ray instead and get a free Sky Ray turret? Sounds very good to me :D

Bregalad
14-08-2009, 15:43
Acually you get all parts for Devilfish, Sky Ray and Hammerhead to build all three exchangeable, if you do it right (just add two gun drones for Devilfish option). Only tricky part is the different nose for Devilfish and rest, but even that can be done without magnets.

Was the result of a misplanned Sky Ray sprue that still needs parts of the Hammerhead sprue, so it was easier to just include the sprue instead of making a new one.