PDA

View Full Version : Talon or Sword Tyrant?

hendybadger
13-08-2009, 13:37
I want to run a CC Tyrant with 3 Lash Whip Guard along side a winged Tyrant with 2x TL Devs.
What would work better on him? 2x Scything Talons or 1x St , Lash Whip + Bone sword?

Axis
13-08-2009, 14:16
I honestly prefer the 2x scything talons. I prefer to have the extra attack over the defensive bonus. I also find the catalyst power from the bonesword to be very underwhelming. Normal catalyst you have more freedom with giving it to units where it is needed.

You also already have some whips with his guard.

Ravenwing011
13-08-2009, 14:24
I've found running a reaper tyrant (2 scything talons) works great with guard armed with lash whips. Sometimes what I've done is run both tyrants side by side and attack a flank while using my other synapse to support my troops. So far it makes a scary group to deal with, you could even use gargoyles to help screen the tyrants as they march forward.

Bolter Bait
13-08-2009, 16:29
Do you expect to be assaulted before you can assault the opponent? If not, are you going to be hunting orks or dedicated assault units that have more than one attack normally? If not, you're probably going overkill with all the lashwhips.

On a Tyrant specific note, with frags allowing Initiative order in cover, permanent Catalyst is no longer useful unless you're charging face-first into Harlies. So I'd go with 2x Scytals for maximum offense, though as far as Rule of Cool is concerned, a Tyrant with a Boneword and Lashwhip looks damn nifty.

hendybadger
13-08-2009, 16:43
They do look good.