PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen Core unit to be replaced?

Tringsh
13-08-2009, 14:13
Does anyone know whether the beastmen plastic core unit is to be replaced with their upcoming update?

bork da basher
13-08-2009, 14:36
i doubt it very much, the set is still quite servicable and looks quite good, if anything it'll be plastic minotaurs or centigors we'll see, i'll be shocked if they redo the beastman box.

txamil
13-08-2009, 14:42
Are there any rumours on plastic centigors?

bork da basher
13-08-2009, 15:56
it's all rumour at this point theres nothing really concrete going around.

decker_cky
13-08-2009, 17:49
I'd say there's not a chance that the beast herd gets replaced. It's a new kit (beasts range has things going back 15 years), it's plastic (beasts only have herds and hounds) and there's a lot of things that need replacing before them. They're also a very nice kit IMO (some problems with the legs for sure, but overall they're great models).

Minotaurs seem 'confirmed' and I'd be surprised if bestigors weren't replaced. Until those two (and dragon ogres who apparently have been remade for mortals, and might be useable by beasts) are replaced, I'd be really surprised if centigors got plastics.

Mark Harrison, (who did such a great job on the Chaos Knights) and the 'ever green' Aly Morrison have both done a great job on their contributions. So you do have some very nice plastic to look forward to .... all in good time.

Well the odd little snippet never did any harm.

(Go feed the ravenous beasts over at the Heardstone. )

That means at least 2 kits. There might be more, but at this point we don't know anything about it.

Then again....there is the rumour that in some of the playtest lists, they were core and fast cavalry, so you never know...

Kerill
13-08-2009, 18:03
Can't see them replacing the beast herd sprues. They may well make the box set smaller or more expensive though...

Harwammer
13-08-2009, 19:02
These are my guesses;

Likely to be replaced:
Minotaurs, bestigors (old metals).

Possibly replaced:
Centigors (newest metals), chariot (servicable model; likely moving to special)

unlikely to be replaced:
Beast herds (past book's plastics)

very unlikely to be replaced:
Hounds, spawn, giant (new plastics)

mrtn
13-08-2009, 19:16
The beastherd is about the only thing you can be fairly sure will stay in the army...
If you're starting up an army, the set up that's best now is to use additional hand weapons on the gors, and no shields on either gors or ungors.

Tringsh
14-08-2009, 11:19
The beastherd is about the only thing you can be fairly sure will stay in the army...
If you're starting up an army, the set up that's best now is to use additional hand weapons on the gors, and no shields on either gors or ungors.

Oky Dokey! Thanks for the advice.

Lowmans
14-08-2009, 12:35
i play my herds with shields tbh - they look nicer imho.

2 hw are more competitive tho

Tringsh
14-08-2009, 14:04
Can Ungors use two weapons? I haven't had a chance to look at the current beast book. I don't want to go out and buy the current one with the new release in 2 months time or so....

Matt1982
14-08-2009, 14:58
Ungors come with spears and the option to buy shields, no other options.

decker_cky
14-08-2009, 15:31
And they shouldn't ever take the shields. :P