PDA

View Full Version : New Case or New Models?

DaSpaceAsians
13-08-2009, 17:24
It's my birthday in a week and I'll be getting some money. The problem is that I'm hesitating between getting an Army Transport Division case on a discount or more models to finalize my infantry since the problem I'll be unable to get anything for a long long time afterwards.
Can you guys help me?:)

Signal
13-08-2009, 17:29
It's my birthday in a week and I'll be getting some money. The problem is that I'm hesitating between getting an Army Transport Division case on a discount or more models to finalize my infantry since the problem I'll be unable to get anything for a long long time afterwards.

Models. You'll have more actual toys to play with, then. There are cheap alternatives to actually transporting them to and from the gaming store. Cardboard box with eggshell foam comes to mind.

Hokiecow
13-08-2009, 17:42
Models. You'll have more actual toys to play with, then. There are cheap alternatives to actually transporting them to and from the gaming store. Cardboard box with eggshell foam comes to mind.

Yup .

iluvatar18
13-08-2009, 20:16
Models unless you totally need the case.

But models are just awesome

Ravenous
13-08-2009, 20:18
Time vs effort vs money

It depends what is more important to you, for me I dont want to go around hunting for foam so I just would get the case.

And dont bother getting more models if you havent painted the ones you have, it just adds to the masses of grey ;)

therat
13-08-2009, 20:21
It depends what is more important to you, for me I dont want to go around hunting for foam so I just would get the case.

HERESY! BURN HIM!

More models! More models!

CandleJack
13-08-2009, 20:22
I keep my boys in 30 man squads in zip-lock bags.

BrotherMoses
13-08-2009, 20:24
I'm with that one guy. If what you have isn't painted, get the case.

DaSpaceAsians
13-08-2009, 20:27
So far everything's painted and my IG having been making that case full. The case is a Mastercraft toolcase with foam inside.

Shas'o Brightsword
13-08-2009, 20:35
I'm with that one guy. If what you have isn't painted, get the case.

i think this is the best idea

DaSpaceAsians
13-08-2009, 20:39
But what happens if everything is painted?

Signal
13-08-2009, 20:52
But what happens if everything is painted?

Then let the process of elimination guide your decision. :)

BrotherMoses
13-08-2009, 20:59
Then let the process of elimination guide your decision. :)

Truly Signal, you are blessed with reason akin to the Emperor. :rolleyes:

Wicksy
13-08-2009, 21:13
Buy the models....save about 15 and go and buy one of those plastic tool boxes. Go nick a toilet roll from your bog and voila....army carrier on the cheap :)

Ravenous
13-08-2009, 21:15
There is always more models, but getting a good case is a one time thing, and it will make all the difference of your models not getting smashed up.

I did the whole tool box w/foam thing, the second I got my sabol army transport I never looked back.

HsojVvad
13-08-2009, 21:19
This should have been a poll lol. Get the min's, as others have said, there is more ways to transport your mini's, so get more of them.

Once you have a case to carry them, all they will do is sit there, doing nothing, at least with mini's you can paint, convert and put together.

egg carton shells, or foam or what not is just as good as a case. They both just sit there and do nothing once not used.

Dr. Hellbeast
13-08-2009, 21:48

Get a part-time job, then you can have both. :p

If you're a kid, chimney sweeps are always recruiting.

The Base
13-08-2009, 21:54
If you have metal models a good case is worth it's weight in models.