PDA

View Full Version : CSM Characters Question

Aesc
13-08-2009, 22:17
I'm working on an Emperor's Children list and was wondering the opinions of Lucius and Fabius. Lucius seems the better of the two but I have yet to put this army on the table so I may be completely wrong.

So...are these two worth the trouble?

Craftworld
13-08-2009, 22:23
My starting army was CSM, and I probably had the most fun with Fabius. While Lucius in lore is disgustingly good I didn't find him to be very impressive on the table-top; and don't get me wrong I love Lucius.

That is just my experience with him though.

IAMNOTHERE
13-08-2009, 22:27
Well, you'll hear a lot of stuff said about Daemon Princes hands down they're the best point for point HQ in the 'dex.

Now that's out of the way, if you want to run several squads of enhanced strength marines (for a close combat reason) then Fabious is good. He's even really good in close combat against lots of things (7 instant death attacks...) but he's not optimised for it as he has no power weapon or invulnerable save. Essentially take him if you want enhanced marines.

Lucious on the other hand isn't a force multiplier, he's a killer. WS7, instant death, doom siren, he will tip combat your way and the I6 will help you run things down. If you run him with a close combat squad of some type he's excellent.

Mannimarco
13-08-2009, 22:31
truth be told i cant remember the last time i saw fabius bile (AKA fabulous bill to some......lot of sick people out there) on the board

lucius on the other hand is fairly common due to his high weapon skill and high initiative he will win you more combats that fabius (and get you more kudos than taking a lash prince)

Latro_
13-08-2009, 22:34
Imo they are both 'ok', ofc Kharn is prob the best of the sc bunch :)

I'd take lucius, i cant see bile hanging around with his old buddies. As above if you wanna go competitive your only option is two nice winged princes.

BrotherMoses
13-08-2009, 22:40
Well, if you read the Red Fury, garbage that it is, Fabius Bile is a total badass.

Craftworld
13-08-2009, 22:47
truth be told i cant remember the last time i saw fabius bile (AKA fabulous bill to some......lot of sick people out there) on the board

lucius on the other hand is fairly common due to his high weapon skill and high initiative he will win you more combats that fabius (and get you more kudos than taking a lash prince)

He's known as Fabulous Smile at my GW, haha. :chrome:

As was mentioned a post 'er so ahead of me, depending on what time you're basing your fluff on, Fabius has a falling out with his chapter and goes solo after the siege of Terra; so if it's a more deviant / chaos embraced legion you're fielding - Lucius is the better fluff choice.

IAMNOTHERE
13-08-2009, 22:47
With everything he's got he should be, 3+ to hit 2+ to wound assault 3? WS5, S5, A5 with the rod of torment? FnP?

The only place he falls down is he's T4 has no Inv save and doesn't have power weapon.

Craftworld
13-08-2009, 23:00
With everything he's got he should be, 3+ to hit 2+ to wound assault 3? WS5, S5, A5 with the rod of torment? FnP?

The only place he falls down is he's T4 has no Inv save and doesn't have power weapon.

Indeed, he is by no means a cheese lists ideal SC; but he is really fun to field in friendly / fluff games.

His "Berserk Rage / Stable Mutation / Created a Monster" alone can be really impressive given to the right unit.

Aesc
13-08-2009, 23:29
It's going to be pretty fluffy list...lots of noise marines (10 sonic blasters, 3 blastmasters, 3 doom Sirens). I do have one Daemon Prince built so I'll bring him along but NO LASH.