PDA

View Full Version : Initiative tests

Deglosh
14-08-2009, 11:22
Ok, so the question is how to roll a Initiative test. Verry simple.
I think/thought it was as a Ld test but you use the initiative instead. But my friend said he thought it was like a BS roll, wich made me confused of course.

The issue got to the surface cause of my awesome roll on the Little Waaagh! spells. I got the "Mork Wants Ya!" spell.

It states;

The almighty Mork reaches down from the sky with a great green hand and seizes an unlucky foe, crushing them to paste between giant green fingers. Cast on a single enemy model anywere within 18" of the Shaman (line of sight is not required. Even a model in a unit can be picked out, as can a character mounted on a monstrous steed or chariot). The victim must pass an Initiative test or suffer D6 strenght 10 hits.

I just want to know how to do the initiative test. Cause this is one VERY good spell against characters, obviously.

Grey
14-08-2009, 11:26
For every afflicted model you have to roll a D6. A 6 is always a fail. As with the other characteristic-tests you have to stay below/be equal with your stat.

Examples: A saurus warrior is very slow (I2 i think) You have to roll a 1 or 2 to pass the test.

A chaos lord has I7 - but he fails the I-Test on a 6.

Necromancy Black
14-08-2009, 11:28
Examples: A saurus warrior is very slow (I2 i think) You have to roll a 1 or 2 to pass the test.

Your thinking Dwarves. Saurus only have I1.

Your friend is wrong and you are right, except it only uses 1d6 instead of 2d6. The rules for characteristic tests are on page 5 of the BRB.

theunwantedbeing
14-08-2009, 11:32
Page 5 of the rulebook.
Characteristic Tests

Deglosh
14-08-2009, 11:58
aah, thanks guys. Really apreciate it!