PDA

View Full Version : DoC 1500 - New Player

Draznar
14-08-2009, 16:43
I am a new player to Fantasy and playing with friends locally. Below are two lists I am toying with. I started trying to make one list but ended up with two renditions. Any advice towards either would be appreciated. Also, I am considering trying to fit my Heralds of Slaanesh with Etherblades, would that be advisable or no? Thank you for your time!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List 1
Skulltaker (150) - Juggernaut (50) = 200

Herald of Slaanesh (90) - Level 1 Wizard (50) + Siren Song (25) + Torment Blade (5) = 170
Herald of Slaanesh (90) - Level 1 Wizard (50) + Siren Song (25) + Torment Blade (5) = 170

Daemonettes (12) x 20 - Musician (6) + Standard Bearer (12) = 258
Daemonettes (12) x 20 - Musician (6) + Standard Bearer (12) = 258

Flesh Hounds of Khorne (35) x 6 = 210

Flamers of Tzeentch (35) x 6 = 210

Total = 1476
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List 2
Herald of Khorne (100) - Juggernaut (50) + Firestorm Blade (25) + Armor of Khorne (15) = 190
Bloodletter of Khorne (12) x 10 - Musician (6) + Standard Bearer (12) = 138

Daemonettes (12) x 15 - Musician (6) + Standard Bearer (12) = 198
Daemonettes (12) x 15 - Musician (6) + Standard Bearer (12) = 198

Flesh Hounds of Khorne (35) x 6 = 210

Flamers of Tzeentch (35) x 6 = 210

Total = 1484

Jind_Singh
14-08-2009, 17:57
I am assuming that in both cases your running the HoK in the fleshound units for protection....but noted that his hatred wont pass onto the fleshounds, just bloodletters.
In terms of which list, I pick list B as it doesnt have Skulltaker - Im not a fan of special characters in the DoC apart from Karanack! I love their rules/abilities/background fluff but I prefer using my own creations!
It's fair deamon list as far as deamons go, daemonettes are considered the weaker of the races, so it balances out the fleshounds/flamers.
Theres a lack of furies so no one can moan about that.
Theres an absence of horrors and heralds of Tzeentch so no one can moan about that....
All in all it's a decent list IF your going for being 'most sporting Deamon'

Personally though you'll struggle against armoured foes as you lack units who can reduce armour saves - and heralds of slaanesh with etherblades wont cut it - belive me from personal experiance!
I strongly suggest swapping 15 deamonettes for 15 bloodletters - this way the herald of Khorne sits in there, you have hatred on the entire unit, he's well protected as the enemy must kill 11 bloodletters before 'look-out-sir' is negated (minimum of 5 models in the unit needed to offer your character a special save) and they are strength 5 with killing blow.
SOLID in combat, belive me! I never leave home without them!
I would also drop 2 flamers from the list, stick with 4, and with the points you save you get 6-7 furies - they will help you in ways you cant imagine. They can chase warmachines, provide a screen for your troops against spells/missle fire, they can fly inbetween enemy units to march block them....the list is endless for them!
Another piece of advice....never waste points! Your list 'b' has 16 spare points!! Buy 1 more deamon for either the deamonettes or bloodletters - that way the enemy has to kill two models to reduce a rank
other than that welcome to warhammer and deamons!!!

(PS - I heard that sooner or later GW is releasing plastic horrors so avoid buying them until that happens. plaugebearers are staying metal I heard, but of course thats rumors so who knows!)