PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Jetbikes

Abaddonshand
14-08-2009, 18:10
This seems rather odd to me. I was playing a game a few days ago, against Eldar (was great fun, 3000pts battle with my DeathRaven), and the Eldar player had jetbikes (both the seer council and normal kind). He proceeded to use these units to fire 2 weapons each per turn, after moving 12" in the movement phase, and when questioned on it answered that Eldar Jetbikes are treated as vehicles for shooting purposes, and can still fire both weapons after moving 12", is this right? I accept that of course, like my own bikes, they are relentless, and thus get to fire one weapon after a 12" move, but two?

Also, how many Shurikan Cannons can a unit of 3 jetbikes and a seer council of 8 jetbikes take? And can said Seer council attach itself to the unit of guardian jetbikes a la independent characters?

Edonil
14-08-2009, 18:12
They are relentless...as far as firing two weapons go, unsure. You can have one cannon for every three bikes (3 bikes=1 cannon, 6 bikes=2 cannons, etc) however, as far as I know, seer councils can't take cannons. And seer councils cannot join any other unit, they are a unit, not a collective IC.

SPYDER68
No seer council cannot attack to a jetbike squad..

You can have 1 Cannon per 3 or 4 jetbikes, its one of the two.

They are in no way treated as vehicles in the shooting phase.

Lord Damocles
Guardian jetbikes don't even have two weapons...

Shuriken Cannons are one per three Guardian Jetbikes, unavailable to Seer Councils.

Abaddonshand
14-08-2009, 18:16
Excellent, I thought it seemed a bit dodgy, and before the game a few of my fellow vets had suggested that this guy may "make up" rules from time to time. It just shows what happens when you play against the one army where you don't know the codex back to front lol. Thanks for clearing things up.

grissom2006
14-08-2009, 18:20
Every third bike in a Jetbike Squadron may take a Shurikan Cannon, as you sure he fired twice or rolled two dice per Jetbike as the Shurikan Catapult is Assualt 2.
In the case of Jetbikes twinlinked so he has a reroll.

JHZ
14-08-2009, 18:27
Warlocks and Farseers have shuriken pistols. Maybe the opponent shot both the bike mounted catapults and the riders' pistols?

Abaddonshand
14-08-2009, 18:53
Every third bike in a Jetbike Squadron may take a Shurikan Cannon, as you sure he fired twice or rolled two dice per Jetbike as the Shurikan Catapult is Assualt 2.
In the case of Jetbikes twinlinked so he has a reroll.

Definitely fired twice, a la "Okay, my seer council are going to fire their Shurikan Cannons/ Shurikan Catapults..." then "Now they're going to throw their witchblades at you, cause they all having shining spears."

Warlocks and Farseers have shuriken pistols. Maybe the opponent shot both the bike mounted catapults and the riders' pistols?

As far as I was aware, a rider can't fire his own weapon and fire his mount's weapon, unless Eldar have a rule circumventing this?

JHZ
14-08-2009, 19:15
As far as I was aware, a rider can't fire his own weapon and fire his mount's weapon, unless Eldar have a rule circumventing this?
Of course not, which is why they can't toss their spears either, since they act like a weapon in the shooting phase, and they can't "shoot" them on top of shooting their catapults/cannons.

Quaarin
14-08-2009, 19:59
nope, he cheated u out!
No, Council can't have cannons
Yes, shurikens cats will give him 2 shots (not 2 attacks) and they are twin-linked while cannons will give u 3 non-twin. So
But he can't shoot and throw...

12345_7
15-08-2009, 00:50
Pg. 53 states that you can only fire ONE weapon per rider on the bike. Since all the bike only have one rider, they can only fire ONE weapon. Also, the "seer council" is a unit of warlocks with one or two farseers attached if i have it right. If so, then since warlocks count as a separate unit and are not IC's so they can't join the guardian jetbike unit.

JHZ
15-08-2009, 01:21
Pg. 53 states that you can only fire ONE weapon per rider on the bike. Since all the bike only have one rider, they can only fire ONE weapon. Also, the "seer council" is a unit of warlocks with one or two farseers attached if i have it right. If so, then since warlocks count as a separate unit and are not IC's so they can't join the guardian jetbike unit.
But you can purchase individual Warlocks into units, such as the Guardian Jetbikes.

Absolutionis
15-08-2009, 02:23
Before accusing them of cheating, note the following:

1) Shuriken Catapults are Assault2 weapons. Guardian jetbikes come with them twin-linked. Thus, each Guardian Jetbike would be shooting twice (due to assault 2) and rerolling to hit (due to twin-linked).

2) Your opponent may simply be wrong as opposed to intentionally cheating. They may interpret "twin-linked shuriken catapults" as "two shuriken catapults".

As for your other questions, they were answered above. You can take one cannon per 3 jetbikes (1 cannon in 3; 2 cannons in 6 jetbikes; etc), and Seer Council cannot take Shuriken Cannons at all.

kikkoman
15-08-2009, 05:52

this doesn't apply to the Vyper jetbike though, right?

Serpent
15-08-2009, 06:16
As the Vyper is a vehicle, no. It follows the rules for Vehicles, being a fast, open-topped skimmer. :)