PDA

View Full Version : Casket of Souls and Hieratic Jar

vinny t
14-08-2009, 22:51
The Hieratic Jar lets a Priest cast an extra incantation. My question is if the priest is on the casket then can he use the jar to fire up another casket opening?

kramplarv
14-08-2009, 23:00
is the casket an incantation? ;)

Sarah S
15-08-2009, 03:08
It is "cast like an incantation."

For me that would be enough to let him use the Jar for it.

Since its casting mechanics (which is its only feature in question here) are like an incantation, then things that affect incantations being cast would affect the Casket being cast.

As an analogy, the Cloak of the Dunes allows the bearer to "move as if flying" so things like the Skaven Storm Banner or other similar items would prevent it, since for the purpose in question it is flying.

stripsteak
15-08-2009, 04:38
but the priest isn't the one casting, it's the casket. the priest only has specific incantations. the casket has it's own. the priest doesn't get to choose the casket as one of his normal incanntations why would he get to use it as an extra one?

if it were the case the casket could go off 4 times per turn, 2 from the high priest once form the jar, and once for the casket...

Sarah S
15-08-2009, 04:43
Good point. Apparently I was imagining a sentence in the Casket rules that said the Liche Priest released the incantation.

I knew there had to be a reason why I never did that with my Tomb Kings army.