PDA

View Full Version : Quick rules update for a returning general

VilleVicious
15-08-2009, 09:10
Hi. I've been thinking of dusting of my ancient HE army (largely from 4th/5th ed). Latest games I've played were in the early 6th edition (in the between years I've played mainly 40k BFG and classic battletech). Glancing at the armybook and the magic tactica it appears that the seventh ed has brought along some minor tweaks here and there but no major changes.

So what else has changed?

Are there very important new rules or is the 7th ed more like 6.3?

Condottiere
15-08-2009, 10:03
If you're playing High Elves, the biggest change is all your troops have Always Strikes First, minimum core less one, special selection plus two and rare double standard number.

T10
15-08-2009, 10:09
There is a thread somewhere in this forum that summarizes the most important rules changes. I am sure someone with a better memory than me is able to retrieve the link using the search function.

My advise is that you read the new rule book, though. You're less likely to get things mixed up that way.

-T10

bludsturm
15-08-2009, 13:05
Ranks are five wide!

Drachen_Jager
15-08-2009, 20:40
Magic dice don't all go into a central pool anymore, only your 2 basic ones and some from magic items, the rest must be used by the sorcerer generating them.

Great weapons only grant +1 to mounted troops.

Regeneration is treated as a ward save essentially now (except that it's nullified by Killing Blow or Flaming attacks), taken after other saves.

Any mount with 1 wound is counted as a cavalry mount and gives a +1 bonus to armour save.

Characters of a different size or on a mount can "hide" in a unit of smaller troops, they cannot be singled out as they could in 6th for shooting etc., only by special items and spells can pick them out of a unit.

Re-directing a charge is gone, now it's called "enemy in the way", you can only go in a straight line after your intended target, if you hit another unit within your charge move you may charge that unit instead.

There's a bunch more minor stuff but that's most of the major changes.

Gazak Blacktoof
15-08-2009, 22:41
There is a thread somewhere in this forum that summarizes the most important rules changes. I am sure someone with a better memory than me is able to retrieve the link using the search function.

-T10

This is probably the one

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45909&highlight=edition

VilleVicious
16-08-2009, 08:55
Thanks for the help!
Most of the changes appear to be closing of loop-holes witch my gaming group hadn't found at the time and also better balancing the lores of magic

Condottiere
16-08-2009, 09:15
Not to worry, plenty of more loopholes to be discovered and exploited.