PDA

View Full Version : Magic Weapon and pistol/extra hand weapon.

Sugarsw337
15-08-2009, 12:07
I had some trouble finding it in the rulebook, and i don't know if its removed in the new edition or if it never was a rule.
but for some reason I have always thought that a magical weapon could not be combined with a pistol or a additional hand weapon for a extra attack. which is logical and/or for simplicities sake.

for example: a empire captain (A - 3 / S - 4) with a sword of might would have, 3 attacks at strength 5, if equipped with a pistol would he get an additional attack?

I found out where it says you can not be equipped with an additional close combat weapon if you have a magic weapon. however the pistol is a ranged weapon.. but can be used in close combat.. this is all a little confusing to me >_<

can a captain of the empire have for example a magical weapon, a pistol and a handgun? ending up with 2 ranged weapons and 2 close combat weapons?

thanks in advance :)

EvC
15-08-2009, 12:10
You can't use an extra hand weapon with magic weapons. A pistol counts as an extra hand weapon in close combat.

I'm sure you can work out what that means.

Sugarsw337
15-08-2009, 12:26
"In close combat, the heavy butt of a pistol can be used as a club, counting exactly like a hand weapon"

... judging from the empire armybook cover and other illustrations i always thought they shot it in CC.. anyway thanks for a quick reply

Condottiere
15-08-2009, 13:18
The only one practising Gun-Fu in Warhammer is Long Drong.

Griefbringer
15-08-2009, 18:53
Also notice that most magic weapons are not hand weapons in the first place...

havoc626
16-08-2009, 00:15
The Sword of Might doesn't count as a hand weapon, so cannot be used with under the additional hand weapon rule to gain +1 attack. (It also can't be used to parry for a -1AS bonus with a shield.)

Condottiere
16-08-2009, 06:17
That makes those items okay if you're mounted, a cause for reflection when on foot.