PDA

View Full Version : assaulting vehicles

Matt D
15-08-2009, 17:22
in the rules it states that you must be one inch away from an enemy model. in the assaulting vehicles section it say you are not locked in combat but stay where they are and are free to move away. does this mean that it is an exception to the one inch rule?

susu.exp
15-08-2009, 17:49
The vehicle has to move away more than an inch. Assaults in general are exceptions to the 1" rule - you move your models into base contact in the assault phase, the same applies when assaulting vehicles. If the vehicle can not move without crossing the models that assaulted it, treat it as a tank shock.

RCgothic
15-08-2009, 17:54
Hmm. Does the vehicle have to? I wouldn't bother moving a Land Raider away from guardsmen. I was going to say effectively yes, but when your own movement phase swings around again, you can be in contact with the vehicle, but shoot at a different target. You then may not assault the vehicle?

I'd like to see one of our resident rules gurus tackle this.

susu.exp
15-08-2009, 18:03
Well, it can stay put, but then the other player may hit it in the vehicles players CC phase (applies to immobilized vehicles as well).

Archangel_Ruined
15-08-2009, 19:23
The vehicle doesn't have to move, after the combat is finished in the assaulting players turn the units break combat. This also means they can't grenade your tank again during your assault phase. They used to suggest you move the models slightly away from the vehicle to signify the end of the combat. Vehicle assault rules are an exception to normal assault rules, that is why there is a seperate section for them.

RCgothic
15-08-2009, 19:29
Archangel, you're dead wrong about that. BRB p63 Succesive Turns para 3.

Units still in contact may attack.

Archangel_Ruined
15-08-2009, 19:41
I really wish they'd stop changing the damn rules between editions... I stand corrected, if you want to time travel back to 4th then evidently I'm your man.

Matt D
16-08-2009, 02:06
thanks for the help guys