PDA

View Full Version : Which 40k novel talks about the Salamanders?

Rob
15-08-2009, 19:54
My son is into the Salamanders and I was looking at the 40k novels and one of the hobby shop worker was telling me about one of the Horus Heresey novels that goes into details about Primarch Vulkan during the Heresey. Anyone know which one that is? Thanx

BTW, are these novels OK for an 11 year old? Thanx.

the1stpip
15-08-2009, 19:58
Salamander? It's just been released.

I know, cos I have also just got into Sallies, and have been considering buying it. has anyone read it, is it worthwhile?

But thats not about Vulkan, I don't think HH have covered him yet, and he wasn't killed in the Horus Heresy.

Rob
15-08-2009, 20:07
Salamander? It's just been released.

I know, cos I have also just got into Sallies, and have been considering buying it. has anyone read it, is it worthwhile?

But thats not about Vulkan, I don't think HH have covered him yet, and he wasn't killed in the Horus Heresy.

I'm on GW's website right now and I don't see anything that has the Salamanders.

DarkstarSabre
15-08-2009, 20:14
Legends of the Space Marines and Salamander both deal with the current incarnations.

I believe it's Fulgrim where the Salamanders get their first HH mention along with the Iron Hands and Raven Guard.

Michael M.
15-08-2009, 20:26
The Salamanders are namly mentioned in Mechanicum, thatīs it.
In Heroes of the Space Marines is a short story (as a teaser) about the Sallies and in September we will get the first of the three Salamanders novels, called Salamanders.

TeamLando
15-08-2009, 23:52
Didn't "Legend of the Space Marines" have a Salamander Short story in it too?

the1stpip
16-08-2009, 00:03
Salamanders was on the book shelf in my local GW the other day, so its out unless someone made a mistake.

Catferret
16-08-2009, 00:07
Salamanders was on the book shelf in my local GW the other day, so its out unless someone made a mistake.

Books are released to the stores a month before the website has them for sale. It's to encourage sales of the novels instore.