PDA

View Full Version : Unfriendly Lizardmen

Nagash333
15-08-2009, 21:06
Please rate the following Lizardmen list, wouldn't use it, thrown together to see what I could come up with

Oldblood
Glyph Necklace
Burning Blade of Chotec
Maiming Shield
Carnosaur

Lvl 1 Priest
Dispel Scroll
Diadem of Power
Ancient Stegadon with Engine of the Gods

10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers

Stegadon
Stegadon
Stegadon
Stegadon

Total = 1990pts

Violadudester
15-08-2009, 21:14
If you want to go all the way in beardiness, I would suggest putting a skink chief on one of those stegadons with a BSB and the stego-warspear.

SilverWarlock
16-08-2009, 07:23
painfully one dimensional

will do stupidly well against some opponents, can get utterly mauled by others (a balanced army with some artillery and a pair of good R&F blocks might have a chance actually).

Some odd things, like a fellblade warlord, double treemen, ogre tyrant with tenderiser would do very serious damage. Also could get hurt badly by magic (my standard skaven horde with fellblade, 2 warplocks engis, BSB, 7 R&F blocks and 2 WLCs wouldn't be too worried by it really, shoot a few monsters, block a few more and slice them up one by one, with rerollable base Ld 10 the R&F can hold decently).

Note that anything with poisoned weapons (skinks ...) magic (slaan, vampires etc) or unbreakable/high staying power (lizardmen, VC etc) would be a problem. And let's not even mention a Keeper of Secrets+Masque demon lists (flamers to toast the skinks, a little magic to make things explode, siren to kill the oldblood).

Fechik
17-08-2009, 03:05
If you want to go all the way in beardiness, I would suggest putting a skink chief on one of those stegadons with a BSB and the stego-warspear.

AND Blade of Realities on Old Blood!

zeekill
17-08-2009, 06:37
Make room for 1-2 Ancient Stegadons instead of 1 or 2 of the Regular ones, firstly you have no Idea how far S6 goes against armies like Warriors of chaos, and also because the 4D6 blowpipe shots rip fast calv and pesky fliers to pieces.

Killboss
17-08-2009, 07:06

No can do, LM BSBs can't have any other magic items besides the banner, unless they're a Slann.

SabaLoth
17-08-2009, 07:38
jep, but they can be a vanilla BSB

mr_vespa
17-08-2009, 16:53
Making a hero choice into your BSB does not limit his access to magic weapons. That only applies when your BSB decides to field a magic standard. Therefore, a Skink Chief BSB mounted on an Ancient Steg with a Warspear is 100% legal.

Killboss
18-08-2009, 09:12
Making a hero choice into your BSB does not limit his access to magic weapons. That only applies when your BSB decides to field a magic standard. Therefore, a Skink Chief BSB mounted on an Ancient Steg with a Warspear is 100% legal.

What does being a hero have to do with it? I just presumed you'd give him a magic banner, seems somewhat of a waste otherwise (to me anyway.) But good golly, that is an exelant idea... i better make my spear-cheif a BSB, excellant idea.