PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt tomb king tourny lists

Shas'O Sun Lóng
15-08-2009, 22:23
Okay here are two list I've been playing around with on paper only so far, let me know what you think!

1st

LORDS:

1 Liche High Priest - with Cloak of the Dunes, Staff of Ravening.
(Casting Order = 4th; Hierophant)
= 310 points

HEROES:

1 Liche Priest - with Dispel Scroll.
(Casting Order = 3rd)
=140 points

1 Tomb Prince - with Flail, Light Armour, Chariot, Chariot of Fire.
(Casting Order = 2nd; General)
= 174 points

CORE UNITS:

20 Skeleton Warriors - with Light Armour, Standard Bearer, Shields.
= 190 points

= 190 points

16 Skeleton Warriors - with Standard Bearer.
= 138 points

10 Skeleton Warriors.
= 80 points

5 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen.
= 80 points

SPECIAL UNITS:

3 Chariots - with Standard Bearer, Banner of the Undying Legion.
(Casting Order = 1st)
= 165 points

3 Ushabti.
= 195 points

3 Carrion.
= 72 points

1 Tomb Scorpion.
= 85 points

RARE UNITS:

1 Screaming Skull Catapult.
= 90 points

= 90 points

and 2nd list:

LORDS:

= 310 points

HEROES:

1 Liche Priest - with Dispel Scroll, Skeletal Steed.
(Casting Order = 3rd)
=148 points

1 Tomb Prince - with Flail, Chariot, Chariot of Fire.
= 172 points

CORE UNITS:

= 190 points

= 190 points

16 Skeleton Warriors.
= 128 points

10 Skeleton Warriors.
= 80 points

6 Skeleton Light Horsemen.
= 84 points

SPECIAL UNITS:

(Casting Order = 1st)
= 165 points

3 Ushabti.
= 195 points

3 Carrion.
= 72 points

1 Tomb Scorpion.
= 85 points

RARE UNITS:

= 90 points

= 90 points

Thanks!

Danger Rat
16-08-2009, 00:08
To make the most of the TK magic phase you need another liche priest imho TK's need to take 4 characters. I would drop the ushabti in favour of an extra priest and use the spare points and the points from dropping the 2 small units of skeletons to get 1 possibly 2 units of bowmen and id be tempted to drop the light horseman in favour of another scorpion

lcfr
16-08-2009, 02:17
1st

LORDS:

= 310 points

HEROES:

1 Liche Priest - with Dispel Scroll.
(Casting Order = 3rd)
=140 points

1 Tomb Prince - with Flail, Light Armour, Chariot, Chariot of Fire.
= 174 points

Not quite magic heavy, and not quite magic light. Unfortunately I think it's true that, as far as both Undead armies are concerned, character-heavy is pretty much a must. Having a LHP really helps with this, but I think that the more bound spells you can stuff into this list and the more incantations you're getting off the better this army will perform. Your LP should be on a steed; he can still join infantry but at least this way he can have some mobility. Hieratic Jar seems important even if you decide it's not worthwhile to add another LP

CORE UNITS:

= 190 points

= 190 points

16 Skeleton Warriors - with Standard Bearer.
= 138 points

10 Skeleton Warriors.
= 80 points

Which of these units have bows and which have HWs? Your skellies that you're expecting to see combat need to be much larger than 20strong imo. Even if there are 20 when they get into cc, goblins are still more likely to beat these guys in cc than vice versa. Against elite units I can see even a 20strong unit getting nearly wiped out after ugly rounds of combat.

5 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen.
= 80 points

Why? They don't hit hard enough to be a hammer and are too scrawny to be an anvil. 5 light horsemen seem more appropriate, if only for the bows and Fast Cavalry rule.

SPECIAL UNITS:

(Casting Order = 1st)
= 165 points

3 Ushabti.
= 195 points

3 Carrion.
= 72 points

1 Tomb Scorpion.
= 85 points

5strong carrion? With US5 they have a better shot at hunting stuff and can linger behind enemy units and crossfire-kill them

RARE UNITS:

= 90 points

= 90 points

I like the 2nd list's tweaks a little better because it includes a mtd LP and light horsemen. However, overall I think your army could benefit from larger skeleton units and an additional character. Either a hitty TP if you're comfortable w/your magic or an additional LP.

SilverWarlock
16-08-2009, 07:37
I will support the 4th character idea and hieratic jar is a must have.

As far as I have seen, TK are better off hitting hard rather than trying to take charges. As such, keep the skellies to 10-16 with bows.

The heavy horsemen are essentially useless, go light horsemen.

Chariots are interesting ... with only a LHP (rather than TK) maybe 3 is fine, I have seen 6-7 with a TK absolutely wreck armies. 3 chariots are flankers (even with a prince and his chariot), 6-7 chariots with a TK and/or Prince are a hammer. That list was a local terror a few years ago because the chariots would move to 15 away and he would throw the move spell at them 6 times (2 LPs, 2 for TK, Prince and jar) which would usually get through (or burn 3-4 scrolls). The king had the best of 2D6 item (usually forces the enemy to use 2 dice to dispell). The best part is that if that failed, nothing could charge 15 inches back so he just repeated it the next turn. Note that it was commanded by one of the best players around, I played against an average general with the same list and mauled him so you really have to be careful how you use it.

Your specials are too valuable in TK to be spending on marchblockers so I would lose the carrion for either more ushabti, chariots or another scorpion (2 makes them much less hit or miss).

Also, other than having one of the ugliest models in warhammer, the tomb giant is pretty good ... I have always seen combat heavy TK do better than the shooting heavy ones (their shooting doesn't have the power to kill enough).