PDA

View Full Version : The Conumdrum

Raven Down
16-08-2009, 03:09
Alright I'm imploring you fellow warseer's to ease the problem thats been floating around my mind over the current week.Now I'm getting a Warhound,This is the root of the problem.I like the Chaos one over the Loyalist one,The chaos is bristtling with iconography and symbols whereas to me the Loyalist version seems rather dull in comparison the symnols seem to have been a added without much thought.
I already have a Marine army,So getting a Chaos titan seems strange without a Chaos Army.

So I need your help in deciding what you think you'd like to see most,

Chaos Marines- Pretty Standerd,Would Like to hear suggestions on what to take.

Chaos Daemons-A Khorne theme with elements of Slaanesh and Tzeentsch

Renegade Guard-Using Imperial Guard Codex with Allied Marines or Knights as Renegade Troops and Marines,Alternativley could Use the Vraks List from IA

Other- Specify if you have another alternative

ThePrecious
16-08-2009, 03:48
I would highly suggest the renegade guard. The models look absolutely great. If I had the money I would start this army immediatley, using the Vraks rules. They are very unique and would give you and everyone you play a very unique experience.

Tommygun
16-08-2009, 04:26
What about getting the Mars pattern and adding some of the brass iconography and symbols that FW sales.

Raven Down
16-08-2009, 04:34
Thats why I added the option of Loyalist to the poll,Its a good option I may turn to If I can't resolve the issue with chaos

Grox
16-08-2009, 04:50
i second the renegade guard comment, gives you a cool unique army to really properly showcase that titan ;)

As a second to that I'd say lucius pattern titan with the brass etched symbols applied. I think the broader flat areas woul take to the symbols better, but that just might be me.

Anyway, best of luck!

Raven Down
16-08-2009, 05:08
Another good thing With Renegade Guard (IA Vraks List) in the newest edition of "The Siege of Vraks we may see some Daemons for the Rengades giving me all three Options.

Cry of the Wind
16-08-2009, 09:54
I'd go with loyalist if that's what the rest of your stuff is. The nice thing about the plain Warhound is that you can kit it out any way you want. Put brass etchings or paint on interesting stuff. All the Chaos ones look the same since there is no way to really change the base model while loyalist ones have more opportunities for personal touches oddly enough. Also brass etchings bend to fit round surfaces like the mars pattern if that's what you're going for.

grissom2006
16-08-2009, 11:05
I will say that you get 2 of each leg plate on the Imperial version of the mars patterned Warhound and then just add any icons you like to it

Bunnahabhain
16-08-2009, 12:59
Imperial, and convert and customise it your way.

Either as an Imperial one, or a recently turned chaos one, so it doesn't have the millennia of warping on it, or even so recent, it still has the painted over Imperial markings visible. If done well, the half painted out look can look really good on armour.

It's very realistic- look at pictures of tanks in winter camo, and you can often still see the old paint underneath, or the new, hastily applied in the field, paint washing off. Don't think I've ever seen it done with a titan, but I have with lots of Guard tanks- including mine.

RCgothic
16-08-2009, 13:02
Whether or not the Loyalist titan is interesting depends entirely on your skill with a paintbrush/airbrush. ;)

EVIL INC
16-08-2009, 13:29
How deep are your pockets?
Chaos space marines- To make an army costs less then most other options and it will look great and be fun to play. Work great with a chaos titan.
Chaos daemons- Touch and go in terms of gaming effectiveness. They can look good but wouldnt really fit in with a titan unless you had "human" forces as well.
Renegade gaurd- look great and work great with a chaos titan. Whether you use forgeworld renegades of convert reguler ones, it is going to be really expensive.
Loyalist warhound- I can tell you from when I did my armorcast titan (curse me for ever selling it before apoc came out. I coulda tripled my $ if I'd waited a few years) I found converting it to chaos be a great pleasure. Of course, if you dont like it, you will kick yourself afterwards. Up to you if you want to gamble. It can always be used for your loyalists if you keep it done as loyalist.
Personally, if I didnt have loads of cash and play LOTS of apoc games, I wouldnt get a titan at all and stick with stuff I can use in reguler games that I would play more often because the titan costs as much as a pimped out reguler army.

Matt D
16-08-2009, 14:45
i personally like the plain titan because it allows for more personal customization. if i am spending that much i want it to be my own and unique.

EVIL INC
16-08-2009, 17:14
One of the things I did with mine when I converted it to chaos was add on "kill markings" in the form of transfers from different armies with red slashes through them and marine shoulderpads taken from killed enemy "heroes". People thought it gave a lot of character and my reguler opponants (whose army's transfers and shoulder pads I used) thought it was funny.

devlin
16-08-2009, 17:26
loyalist warhound for me

Ghaust Mortium
16-08-2009, 17:33
I say get the loyalist one mostly for the same reasons as Cry of the Wild

atree
17-08-2009, 12:39
Repent or the flames of the inquisition will be upon you

Raven Down
17-08-2009, 13:38
Repent or the flames of the inquisition will be upon you

I shall Crush the followers of the Corpse God under my boot, Or should that be 80 tonne Titan foot? Lol

Order went out today Chaos Warhound Inbound,To maxamise on the Free Express shipping I went with the most Populair Choice,Next Up Modelling Diary "Renegades of Vraks and Legio Mortis" keep an eye out in the near future

metal midget
20-08-2009, 22:50
the warhound titan is a chaos space marine orientated one and has a book in GW and is completely legal. as does daemons but from what i hear they arent very good so ive heard.
imperial guard is a nice idea but it will take alot more time and effort (and money)
to pull of.

Demonrich
20-08-2009, 22:57
I personally prefer the Imperial warhound to the chaos one for the reasons already mentioned. The flat surface is really a blank canvas.

I have to say though that the detail on the inside of the chaos one is absolutely gorgeous.

The Decayed
21-08-2009, 00:18
Voted Loyalist Warhound here.
The details on that one really aren't as bad and "not thought about" in reallife.
The big imperial eagles on it's greaves look totally awesome. Mine came with 2 sets of greaves (2 plain ones, 2 imperial eagle ones), so it could easily be turned into a traitor, by filing and knifing off the few other Imperial icons on it.
Personally, I think the Imperial titans look a bit better than the Chaos equivalents too.
A guy at the local gaming club has the Chaos Warhound, but I think it just looks a bit too "busy". There's holes and battle-damage EVERYWHERE. and on the few areas they missed when applying battle-damage, there's some huge Chaos symbols.
I kinda like the plainness of the Imperial titans. Big battle robots are supposed to look like big pieces of armour. That's what the "plain" plates really bring forward.
It still isn't undetailed though, as there are plenty of rivets breaking up the flat surfaces, and you get a pretty big load of icons and purity seal things to customise the hell out of that thing.

I too really doubted between the Chaos and Imperial version when I wanted to get one.
My pro's for Chaos were:
I like Chaos, I even have 2 Chaos stars tattooed on my body
I have 2 Chaos Marine armies, 1 Khornate and 1 nurglesque, so it would fit in an existing army.

My pro's for Imperial were:
I have 1 big Imperial marine army, which is about as large as the 2 Chaos armies combined.
I already had an Imperial Reaver, so upgrading the same army to use in any apocalypse game I may be playing seemed like a better choice than starting to "apocalypticalize" another army.

In the end, for me it was the supersizing 1 army with big stuff in case of apocalypse, instead of building multiple "minimal apocalypse armies" that made the final bit of sense to decide on an Imperial one.

Whatever you will choose eventually, both are very cool models, but in a different aspect of coolness.

EVIL INC
21-08-2009, 01:12
LOL, guys, he already made his choice and sent the order out.
Good luck by the way and happy hunting of those imperial scum (except of course, my Bearbane First regiment).

adreal
21-08-2009, 06:43
I know you've made your mind up, but I would have gotten one that fits your armies. I have a chaos one (and I love it) but apart from paint scheme I can't really tie it to my emperors children.....

Fallen DA
23-08-2009, 19:37
That would be an easy one for me. If the Chaos Titan is the one you really like? then its the one you have to buy lol. and Renagade Guard will have alot more character than a Demon or CSM Army. You'll be able to take alot more Tanks and have plenty of conversion options. AND you'll still be able to include some CSM Squads and Demons. An all round win...

Imperius
24-08-2009, 00:24
Traitor Guard-turned-Imperial.

Don't you get it? They have no problems walking forward into death and are basically cannon fodder. A useless man cannot rebel and be a traitor but never under-estimate the power of billions of useless and stupid men in a small area.