PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite little n00b is getting his first HQ

HarbingerGunship
16-08-2009, 05:39
K, I have decided to buy Pedro Kantor because he's Crimson Fist, and that is what I have been painting for three weeks.

Questions as followed:

1. K, since Pedro is a Chapter Master, does that mean that I can add a Honor Guard for free?
EX: Army w/ Pedro is 1750 and army w/ Pedro AND Honor guard is still 1750

2. If the above is true, then does that mean that having 10 Honor guards is still free from the original 3 Honor guards. and does changing the weapons of each guard alter this?

3. What is Chapter Tactics?

More to come, this is all I can think of.

PS I'm so excited, I'm so close to having an army big enough to play.

Grand Master Raziel
16-08-2009, 06:03
No, you don't get Honor Guard for free. You get the option of buying Honor Guard for the cost listed in the codex.

Chapter Tactics is a Space Marine army-wide special rule. There's a default Chapter Tactics, but if you use Pedro, you lose that, but in returrn all your infantry units gain the Stubborn Universal Special Rule. Refer to the main rulebook to see what that does.

iluvatar18
16-08-2009, 06:05
No the honour guard is not free, you still have to buy them. They are at the bottom of the page opposite of Pedro in the army list section.

Each honour guard still costs points.

Pedro's chapter tactics makes all units stubborn and lets sternguard count as scoring. It REPLACES the space marine combat tactics which let you choose to automatically fail morale when you are asked to take a test.

Hope that helps

EDIT: AHHH THEM NINJAS

Craftworld
16-08-2009, 06:06
PS I'm so excited, I'm so close to having an army big enough to play.

Congratulations man, a very exciting time for you right now. :chrome:

HarbingerGunship
16-08-2009, 06:39
Well it's a shame that the Honor Guard ain't free. But I still have my termies!!!

pookie
17-08-2009, 14:54
why would they be free?

clearly says they have a points value, as do those that you pick as extra ( if you do ), cant see why someone would think they are free?

genestealer_baldric
17-08-2009, 15:16
this made me smile alot :)

yeah bodyguards cost as well. But iam confused why did you think they are free, and yes diffrent weapons on them will change there costs as well.