PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Nurgle Warriors of Chaos

PrivateLucky
16-08-2009, 17:07
My theme for this army is to be tough as hell. I am not a big fan of anything except the warriors or knights.

Chaos lord 362pts
Flail, Shield, MoN, Steed, Armor of Morrisleb, Favour of the Gods, Crown of everlasting conquest

Exalted Hero 195pts
Flail, Shield, MoN, Steed, Armor of Morrisleb, Favour of the Gods

Chaos sorcerer 155pts
Lvl 1, dispel Scroll, Power familiar, MoN

Chaos sorcerer 155pts
Lvl 1, dispel Scroll, Power familiar, MoN

14 Warriors 278pts
MoN, Shields, Standard, Champ

14 Warriors 278pts

14 Warriors 278pts

5 Knights 250pts
MoN, Champ

5 Knights 250pts
MoN, Champ

5 Knights 250pts
MoN, Champ

Combat heros go with knights and the sorcerers go with the warriors either in ranks of 5 or ranks of 7 which ever one i fell like is best.

Ximinez
16-08-2009, 20:10
Unfortunately, you can't take duplicates of Armor of Morrslieb, Power Familiar, or Favor of the Gods, so that's a no-go right there. Also, why all the champs and no musicians? It is my personal opinion that downgrading the champs in the knights to musicians and using those points to give the warrior blocks musicians as well would be a smart buy. Furthermore, since Nurgle's lore is so good, I would seriously consider dropping the Lord to an Exalted and bumping the sorcerers to Lvl 2. I would also suggest trying to nab an Infernal Puppet, they are so very, very useful.

GenerationTerrorist
16-08-2009, 20:15
First of all, you can not have duplicates of Morrslieb, Favour and Power Familiar.

The list is very hard hitting, but without Warhounds to shield your Knights, they (and the Warriors) will get shot to crap. The Knights don't need Champions - If they get charged by a Lord on a Monster, and you have to challenege (as per the rules), you could end up losing the combat quite heavily and your Knights will run.

Personally, I'd drop a unit of the Warriors, get 2 units of Marauder Horsemen to help the Knights out (with flank attacks, etc) and 3 units of 5+ Warhounds. I'd drop the Champions on the Knights and replace it with a Standard and possibly a Musician if you have the points spare. Keep the Champion in the Warriors units to take any challenges in place of your Sorcerers. Wide ranks on the Warriors are generally best to ensure more attacks.