PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts of dwarves

yashamaru38
16-08-2009, 17:28
hey guys so im fairly new to dwarves but not warhammer. you see i play all three flavors of elves and needed a new playstyle. so i came up with this list and wanted to know what you think. i played two games with it and it did well once and got crushed once so any and all C&C is welcome.

Dwarf Lord-296
gw,shield bearers
MRo breaking, rune of cleaving, rune of fury
rune of resistence, rune of stone

Thane-240
BSB
MRo Stromni redbeard, rune of slowness

Thane-155
oathstone, gw
MRo swiftness, rune of cleaving
MRo gromril

Runesmith-145
MRo balance, rune of spellbreaking

(10) thunderers-140

(21) warriors- 214 (runesmith goes here)
shields, full command

(19) longbeards-278 (lord and BSB go here)
shields, full command
rune of battle

(19) ironbreakers-307 (oathstone goes here)
full command
rune of courage

grudgethrower-105
rune of accuracy

organ gun-120

so what'd y'all think. like i said any and all C&C welcome

little-kharn
16-08-2009, 23:27
your dwarf lord can't have a great weapon and rune of cleaving and fury beacuse he has to have the M.Rune of Kragg the Grim before any other weapon runes but apart from that it is a balanced list with a good combat line a good amount of shooting every thought about putting your lord with the ironbreakers which would make the ironbreakers a solid unit

danny-d-b
17-08-2009, 07:43
hey guys so im fairly new to dwarves but not warhammer. you see i play all three flavors of elves and needed a new playstyle. so i came up with this list and wanted to know what you think. i played two games with it and it did well once and got crushed once so any and all C&C is welcome.

Dwarf Lord-296
gw,shield bearers
Dwarf lords are great,but most people would just avoid them, there for I'd drop the run axe for the GW which is fine pick up MRo challange and go from there

Thane-240
BSB
very expensive rune banner and stromni ain't that great plus you only have a 4+ armour save protecting him, I'd drop the fanct banner, and give him Mro gromril, presivation and either cleaving or stikeing

Thane-155
oathstone, gw
MRo gromril
as has been said before you can't have a GW and runes with out kragg the grim, and with dwarfs winning on SCR not killing Id look to drop him maybe? considering you BSB is better with MRo Gromril- if not take him as a thane of pain- (I've now forgotten to combo for thane of pain so if someone can help me?

Runesmith-145
not bad

(10) thunderers-140
could do with shields?

shields, full command
Good, though could do with a few more numbers

shields, full command
rune of battle
Good, but I'd maybe look at just putting the BSB in here so its not all your eggs in one basket, I'd also look at maybe stocisim to help against fear and to garantee the outnumber

full command
rune of courage
hammers are better, stubbon (and immunity to fear/terror with lord) is much bettter than what the iron breakers bring, then you can drop out a few modles thanks to stubbon as well!

grudgethrower-105
rune of accuracy
o.k. I'd like to see some bolt throwers in here but this works, maybe look at flamering and or penertrating, but then it does get expensive

organ gun-120
Great

so what'd y'all think. like i said any and all C&C welcome

I'd look at my surgestions, maybe with the points add in some bolt throwers (one with penertarteing one with burning both with engeeners is good) as well as a gyro

I'd also have a look at bugmans brewery for more list advise (like the thane of pain combo) and advanced tactics

other than that all comments in quote

lcfr
17-08-2009, 14:53
Dwarf Lord-296
gw,shield bearers

I second Danny. This guy is worth as many points as a unit of elite infantry. And as already mentioned, the weapon combo is illegal. RResistance and RStone are good picks. If you want to keep this guy cheap just drop the weapon runes and add MRChallenge.

Thane-240
BSB

I find it's more useful to give the BSB runic armour and weapons than a runic banner; the latter is way too expensive.

Thane-155
oathstone, gw
MRo gromril

If you follow the advice for your BSB, you won't need this guy. As it stands you have too many points sunk in characters. Dwarfs aren't like Undead, where characters are as much a backbone of the army as its troops; a Runesmith, Lord/Killy Thane General, and BSB are all we need. At best, a naked Dragonslayer for the 4th slot

Runesmith-145

Shield would make it perfect.

(10) thunderers-140

Shields!

shields, full command

Could use a few more.

shields, full command
rune of battle

They need RCourage; anything to help combat the effects of Fear/Terror which is a growing occurrence.

full command
rune of courage

Proxy a game w/Hammerers instead and see which unit you prefer; remember, w/a lord the Hammerers don't need to take the RCourage. Also, they can always opt to fight w/HW and shields.

With the saved points from dropping the second Thane and toning down your BSB (as it stands he has approx. 150pts of runic upgrades! More than your Lord!) you can probably buy yourself any warmachines you feel you might need and/or a small unit of miners. I highly recommend Bolt Throwers.