PDA

View Full Version : 2k tournament vampires

Chaseyboy1er
16-08-2009, 20:11
alright, so i have a tournament at my gw on sunday, for a spot at a bigger tournament at a battle bunker. I was wondering what everyone thinks of it.

manfred, skull staff, sceptre de noirot, barded nightmare-585

vampire, dark acolyte, avatar of death(great weapon) enchanted shield, crown of the damned-200
vampire, dark acolyte, avatar of death(shield), BSB, Drakenhof banner-300

10 skeletons, command, standard of everlasting death-115
10 skeletons, command-100
10 skeletons, command-100
9 dire wolves, doom wolf-82

19 grave guard, command, royal standard of strigos-293

4 wraiths, banshee-225

power dice-12
Dispel dice-6
Models-55

alright, so my plan is to put manfred in with the hounds. Many people may call that stupid, but it is a small pointed body guard that can raise them past their starting unit size. the doom wolf is in there to accept challenges. and if he dies, i would just bring him back next turn. the grave guard are going to be joined by the other two vampires, so they will become my hard hitting unit. they have hatred and regen, but they are stupid because of the combat vampire in the unit. the Wraiths will be going for hydras and such. and the skeletons might move up, but if they don't, which they probably won't move, they'll just sit back and take corners.

so what does everyone think?

Chaseyboy1er
16-08-2009, 22:22
nothing wrong with it"?

wingedserpant
16-08-2009, 22:55
I mean from a powergamers point of veiw you'd be better off with ghouls.

From a Wingedserpent point of veiw its fine although I wouldn't use a special character as they are boring.

Though one of the 10 skeleton units would be better as a 20 strong unit of zombies so you can tie up a unit. Especially since you can raise into them with any of your vampires.

Chaseyboy1er
16-08-2009, 23:14
well, i was planning on making several units of zombies, having manfred summon undead horde one, then raise two or 3 little ones and make them bigger with manfred, because he gets 10-12 zombies.

mightygnoblar
16-08-2009, 23:16
nah he is far better off with the skeletons, manfred cannot raise ghouls past their starting number

Chaseyboy1er
17-08-2009, 00:03
also, i don't really like ghouls, because you can't hide characters in them unless they have ghoulkin.

wingedserpant
24-08-2009, 20:17
also, i don't really like ghouls, because you can't hide characters in them unless they have ghoulkin.

Thats not how it works. Ghoulkin is for giving your ghouls a free marach move before the game.

And fair enough mighty knoblar.