PDA

View Full Version : 2k O&G army list

Deglosh
17-08-2009, 09:30
Ok, i so want to get to the 2k points range to play some big battles. 1k is fun, but doesnt really contain to much in the form of outmanouvering etc. If not playing an extremely fluffy list.

This is my attempt on a list from the O&G range of models.
Pls critiqu! (not like i have to say that, itll happen anyways, hehe)

Updated Version!
Characters:
Orc G. Shaman lvl4
(With shield Boyz)
Boar
Waaagh! paint
Best Boss 'At
2x Dispell scroll
329 points

Black Orc Big Boss (Warboss)
(With the Choppa Boyz)
Heavy armor
Enchanted shield
Iron back boar
139 points

Orc BSB
(With the shield Boyz)
Light armor
Boar
Morks spirit totem
163 points

Night Goblin shaman lvl2
Itty ring
dispell scroll
130 points

Core:
25 Boyz x2 Choppas
Full command
205 points

25 Boyz Shield & Choppa
Full command
180 points

5 Spider riders
Only Musician
Bows
76 points

5 Spider Riders
Only Musician
Bows
76 points

Special Unitz
Orc Boar Chariot
80 points

Orc Boar Chariot
80 points

Spear Chukka
35 points

Spear Chukka
35 points

Rock Lobba
70 points

Rare:
Giant
205 points

Giant
205 points

Total points cost: 1999 points

----------------------------------------------------------
Changes
I first ditched both my Night gobbo units. Reason is, the first one was for the extra points to beef up my boyz. Then i realized that my army isnt really a mobile one, and i will get owned by anything fast cavalry oriented. So i thought i wanted 1 chariot on each "mid-zone" in my army to be able to counter charges on the main battle line, or so help the giants if fro some reason it would need it. So i axed both x20 night gobbo units. This gave me points enough to get 2 chariots, and still have 2 units of 5 spider riders, aswell as giving me one more rank in my boyz units. These (spider riders) are for diverting and just in general harrassing (i bought them bows).

I also changed my lvl4 shaman to a normal orc, gave him best boss 'at for the ward, waaagh! paint, and 2x dispell scrolls.
Oh yea i changed the BSB to Morks spririt totem. I could se myself facing woodelfs, and i was thinking "man im gonna get so owned". So i want to buff my dispell dice as much as i can and now i have 2 original, 2 for lvl4 shammi, 1 for lvl2, and at least 3 from the "totem" for a total of 8DD's at the start, wich helps neutralize a huge threat to my force.

Please tell me if you think this will actually work, or am i trying to do to much with this army?

chippyman64
17-08-2009, 13:26
just a few pointers- take a normal mage not savage

drop banner of butchery take a normal warbanner as it gives you a sc of 6-7.

maybe up the orc unit size to 30 can be done by buying just one box but the result is the unit being a lot more threatning and cant jus be dealt with 5+ spells.
to get the points drop the chariot/ a unit of spiders

Deglosh
17-08-2009, 13:44
good tips! thanx

rtunian
17-08-2009, 14:19
remember, if you cast the waaagh! spell, war machine crew must abandon their war machines. this effectively means that for up to 3 turns you will not be able to shoot them: the turn you cast it (since magic comes before shooting), and then 1-2 turns to get back into position, and then you can shoot on the 3rd or 4th turn (because you can't shoot if the crew have moved that turn).

essentially, if casting waaagh! is part of your plan, it is a waste of points to take war machines. although, waaagh! is a pretty potent spell, so you won't necessarily be casting it ever (dispel scrolls, saved dispel dice, failed to roll 12+). so, it's up to you to decide whether you want them there in case you don't get to cast it, or if you don't want them there so that spend the 145 points to buff up your orc units.

if you decide not to axe the war machines, you should axe one of the ng's, or the chariot and one of the spider riders.

Deglosh
17-08-2009, 19:29
remember, if you cast the waaagh! spell, war machine crew must abandon their war machines. this effectively means that for up to 3 turns you will not be able to shoot them: the turn you cast it (since magic comes before shooting), and then 1-2 turns to get back into position, and then you can shoot on the 3rd or 4th turn (because you can't shoot if the crew have moved that turn).

essentially, if casting waaagh! is part of your plan, it is a waste of points to take war machines. although, waaagh! is a pretty potent spell, so you won't necessarily be casting it ever (dispel scrolls, saved dispel dice, failed to roll 12+). so, it's up to you to decide whether you want them there in case you don't get to cast it, or if you don't want them there so that spend the 145 points to buff up your orc units.

if you decide not to axe the war machines, you should axe one of the ng's, or the chariot and one of the spider riders.

This makes alot of sense. I havent thought of that but you are right. Although as you say i wont be wipping out the Waaagh! spell that often. But lets say i do, what would you recomend me swapping for? Another chariot, Boar Boyz, or maybe black orcs? Or to beef up the orcs perhaps?

Axing one of the NG's or spider riders and get some more Boyz would make alot of sense. Especially since i am going to hide characters in there.

you really have a good point!

rtunian
17-08-2009, 20:27
if you free up points, the first thing you should spend them on is getting your orc warriors that will be housing chars up to at least us25 (including chars). more is better, up to us30.

after that, you should add another shaman, and look for a place for nibbla's itty ring. speaking of magic items... you don't pay the 16 points for the boar if you take the ironback boar. the ironback boar's description starts with "boar." meaning that it is a boar, not a boar upgrade, and so its 35 points includes the cost of the boar.

question: why are your general and bsb given units, but your expensive lord is not? if he were on a chariot or wyvern, it's an obvious answer, but putting a boar riding shaman on his own, especially a lord, is asking for trouble.

edit: also, since your bsb isn't housing the valuable spirit totem, you should put him in the choppa boyz block, and put your general in the safe shield boyz block. also, your choppa boyz are gonna need the butchery banner more, because they will take more wounds than shield boyz will, so they will need the extra attacks more

Magx
17-08-2009, 21:59
Idol of Mork with only 2 Orcs unit ? O_O

Your idol will never do something : if 1 Orc is dead on each unit, your

I think you could drop one giant to put either a catapult (Doom Diver) and another orc unit or something like that... you should really have more Orcs Unit and more Orcs in this unit

and Orcs unit should be at least 24, well, it's my opinion

(in 2000 pts, I can run 4x untis of 24 Orcs)

rtunian
17-08-2009, 22:34
Idol of Mork with only 2 Orcs unit ? O_O

this is a really good point

the most you can get out of this 50 point item is an extra 2 dice, and since the basis for this is unit of 20 orc models (not us20), you lose that extra dice if a unit suffers only 1 casualty

even if you buff the unit size to 24 or 30 or 50 or whatever, it's still only 2 units of orcs that you have. that's 2 dice, and only when they are in combat. for 50 points, you could probably get more utility out of a pair of power stones

Deglosh
18-08-2009, 08:18
Ok this was my initial plan. I would run one giant on either side of my army, makeing flanking me a much harder task, since a giant is capable of devastation, hes stubborn with 10Ld, and he causes terror. I really wanna try this out, so ditching a giant is out of the question at this point. Loosing gobbos to beef the orcs, its a deal. I totally see what you mean, and i should, aswell, ditch the idol of mork.

Yes a little lvl1 or 2 shammy with itty ring makes some sense aswell, its great for targeting champions or not extremely tough characters.

I will work on this list and upload an edited version, to see what you think.

Magx
19-08-2009, 17:20
I still think 1 Giant is more than enough, you could spend 205 points on more Orcs unit (3 is a minimum I think).

For the thing with the Waagh! Spell... I kind of agree and disagree with Rtunian. While it's true that the crew of war machines must abandon their war machine, you won't use this spell at the first turn of the game (unless against specific things like Ogres that used their full movement (or about) and other things like that), + you won't get the Waagh Spell every time even if you use 4 Orc Shamans (one being the general at level 4 and the other ones at level 2)

So you still can use War Machine... even if you only use them for the 1st and 2nd turn

Deglosh
20-08-2009, 19:56
I start to agree on the giant thing. It may be a little to much points. Im thinking of dropping one giant and getting more Boyz. I think that is better, as you say.

High static combat resolution makes up for alot. And more boyz never hurt anyone...but the enemy!

Deglosh
22-08-2009, 11:16
Im actually going to scrap this list. The new azhag model just came out and i just HAD TO order it. How can you NOT do it, even if you dont play o&g, hehe.
gonna make a list around him.