PDA

View Full Version : Few Generic Rules questions

Wolfblaze
17-08-2009, 12:51
Just wondering, can wizards cast on the turn they charge? And they don't have line of sight to thier own unit if they're in the front rank do they? Also they can't cast while marching?

Yrrdead
17-08-2009, 13:06
1. Yes

2. Correct no LOS to own unit. See BRB FAQ Part 2, Magic Section ( near the end).

3. Hmm had to go look this up as I've never had this questioned. The answer is you sure can cast while marching.

Pg 107 in the BRB lists the few restricitions on casting spells.

Milgram
17-08-2009, 13:11
1) yes
2) wizards do not have LOS to their unit. for most spells they don't need LOS though
3) yes, there is no restriction that they could not cast when marching. they can even cast after a failed charge.

Zilverug
17-08-2009, 13:17
They can, they don't, they can...
They can even cast after a failed charge!

Necromancy Black
17-08-2009, 13:18
As long as the wizard isn't fleeing, dead or failed a stupidity roll (must have stupidity himself, doesn't count if only his unit has the rule) then they can always cast spells.

Milgram
17-08-2009, 13:58
As long as the wizard isn't fleeing, dead or failed a stupidity roll (must have stupidity himself, doesn't count if only his unit has the rule) then they can always cast spells.

well... there is a ton of other situations - like animosity, charging off the table, certain magic effects on the caster. but for simplicitys sake you are right. :)

nzdarkelf
17-08-2009, 14:17
2. Correct no LOS to own unit. See BRB FAQ Part 2, Magic Section ( near the end).

While I accept this is correct, isn't it absurd!

"Gee guys where have you gone, I can't see you!"

Wolfblaze
18-08-2009, 14:01
haha, thanks guys, been bugging me for awhile but I always forget about errata and FAQ sheets : \
Cheers

Necromancy Black
18-08-2009, 14:11
well... there is a ton of other situations - like animosity, charging off the table, certain magic effects on the caster. but for simplicitys sake you are right. :)

Ah yeah, should've mention those are the ones only listed in the BRB.