PDA

View Full Version : Buildings & characters

Once Bitten
17-08-2009, 15:23
The BRB says that only one unit can be in a building at a time. So, can a player put 2 characters in a building? Since units cannot be made solely from characters, I would think not. Yet, it is weird that the two characters could be in the building as long as they were both attached to a unit, but not if it were only the two of them. (30 people can fit just fine, but 2 characters without an accompanying unit ... not so much.)

If 2 characters can be in a building and I land a stone on top of it, would I distribute the D6 hits between them or would they take D6 each?

My guess is that two individual characters constitute two units and therefore cannot be in the building at the same time, and the shooting question is a moot point. Thoughts?

Atrahasis
17-08-2009, 15:25
You are correct - 2 characters can only be in the same building if a legal unit can be formed.

This is no different to them being able to form a unit outside a building.

Mercules
17-08-2009, 15:26
The characters could not be in the building together as they are each a unit in themselves and can not be considered together unless they joined to an actual unit. Dumb, but that is how the rules read.

Griefbringer
17-08-2009, 15:56
Perhaps the characters just have too bloated ego when they are out on their own...

N810
17-08-2009, 16:05
could you concieveaby join the both to the same unit and then enter the building ???

Mercules
17-08-2009, 16:23
could you concieveaby join the both to the same unit and then enter the building ???

That would be the way to do it. Yes they could. :)

Dundaz
09-06-2010, 22:02
But could the characters leave the unit while in the building and the unit leave the building? So what i'm sayinf is can the multiple characters stay behind while the unit leaves?

much better.

Dundaz

theunwantedbeing
10-06-2010, 00:44
Character's cannot leave units and stay within a building unless it is large enough to be of multiple parts.
Simply as only 1 unit may occupy the building at once (1 per part if the building is especially large).

The character would have to leave the building with the unit, and then leave the unit and re-enter the building to "stay behind".

Bit of a hassle I know, but them's the rules untill 8th ed arrives.
Note that a lone character in a building is just asking to be blown to hell by any template weapon that can be fired at the building.

Griefbringer
10-06-2010, 06:41
For more interesting situations, imagine a case where a unit with multiple characters enters a building. Then in the enemy shooting phase a massive rain of missiles sweeps out all of the rank and file, leaving only the characters themselves to occupy the building. Apparently in their next movement phase all but one of the characters would be required to bail out of the building.

"This house is too small for the two of us."