PDA

View Full Version : New comp for tourney.. need assist asap with VC

seraphius
17-08-2009, 19:45
Got a torney coming upp in a few week that i thought i was ready for.. untill the comp got turned uppside down and sideways for quite a few players.

Here is the comp.

You may use a maximum of 2250 points when creating your army.
Dogs of War warmachines, giant and regiments of renown may only be used in pure Dogs of War armies.
You may not repeat rare choices (you may take 2 rare units if they are 2 for 1). High Elves can repeat rare choices once.

You may not have more than 2 of the same special choice in your army, 2 for 1 are still allowed
You may only include 3 of the same core choices unless they are ranked infantry without ranged weapons.
Special characters (and named characters from newer army books) are not allowed.
Appendix lists (from the back of some army books) are not allowed.
You may use a maximum of 9 power and 10 dispel dice in each magic phase.
All dice used count, including extra dice generated by slann, magic mushrooms, powerstones, magic resistance etc.
The first bound item used count as 1 power die. All bount items used after the first count as 2 additional dice.
The first dispel scroll in your army count as 1 dispel die in each magic phase. Every scroll after the first count as 2 additional dice each phase
Tomb King players count all dice actually used, meaning that the 2 standard powerdice only count when used to dispel remains in play spells.
Tomb King players may not use fewer dice to cast an incatation then specified in the armybook
Units that are not on your armyroster may not claim/contest tablequarters or objectives
Units need US 5+ to contest/claim tablequarters and objectives.
There can be no more than 3 unit of flyers in your army, including characters.

Maximum of 3 units of chariots.
Maximum of 5 warmachines.
Beast herds rank up with a minimum of 5 models.

Race specific:
DAEMONS OF CHAOS - Bloodthirster with Immortal Fury, Keeper of Secrets with Siren Song and Lord of Change with Will of Tzeentch count as an additional hero choice; Herald BSB may take either daemonic gifts or a daemonic icon, not both; Daemonic Gifts may not be duplicated (except for Spellbreakers).
DARK ELVES - Ring of Hotek counts as 3 dispel dice each phase; every assassin after the first counts as a hero choice; Shades limited in unit size to max. 10 models; the Pendant of Khaleth counts as a hero choice.
EMPIRE - Steam Tank counts as two Rare choices
LIZARDMEN - Characters mounted on Stegadons also use the relevant special or rare slot (Engine of the Gods count as Ancient Stegadon); Terradons limited in unit size to max. 5 models; discipline Becalming Cogitation count as 1 dispel dice.
ORCS & GOBLINS - Max 6 goblin fanatics.
VAMPIRE COUNTS - The Drakenhoff banner counts as an additional hero choice; the Helm of Commandment counts as an additional hero choice if taken on a Vampire Lord.
WOOD ELVES - Treeman Ancient counts as Treeman.

Battlepoints
The armies are dividend into categories based on our subjective view of the powerlevel.

When calculating battlepoints always use the table according to the winning army.

Category A: Daemons of chaos, Vampire Counts, Dark Elves

Category B: The rest of the armies

Category C: Beasts of chaos, Ogre Kingdoms, Orcs & Goblins, Dogs of War

i play Vampire counts witch is category A army that follows this VP list
Result Battlepoints
0-500 10-10
501-850 12-8
851-1200 14-6
1201-1550 16-4
1551-1900 18-2
1901+ 20.

for a massacre i need to take out500- 900 pts more than everyone else

Gimme some help here please.. will post a list that i have worked on for this new comp shortly

leeoaks
17-08-2009, 21:01
that system is strange! who made it up?

seraphius
17-08-2009, 21:25
Right then..

I have worked around a few lists for this to make sure i can hit hard,fast and win... got 3 lists that i want to run by you people.

Dragon list:

Lord
Red fury
Walking death
Inf Hatred
balefire spike
flayed hauberk
wristbands of black gold
Book of archan
Zomb dragon
680!!

Vampire (skellie bunker booster)
dark acoly
lord of the dead
black periapt
scroll

Necromancer (vanhells)
scroll
power stone

15 skellies
champ

15 skellies
champ

corpse cart

10 ghouls

5 black knights w/ barding

3 fell bats
5 blood knights
banner of blood keep
banner & champ

5 wraiths w/banshee

Plan with this is get the wraiths,blood knights, black knights and dragon upp close and personal in a hurry with hopefulle a vanhells comming upp on my lord or whatever i feel is best siuted for a charge or bonus move.

2246 total

7PD/5DD
2 bound spells
2 scrolls

Dread knight list:

Lord
Red fury
walking death
dread knight
Dreadlance
book of arch

Vampire
dark acolyte
lord of the dead
black periapt
scroll

Vampire
infinite hatred
Dread knight
balefire spike

Necromancer
scroll
power stone

15 skellies
full command

15 skellies
full command

10 ghouls

corpse cart

8 black knight`s w/barding
champ & banner
royal banner of strigoy

5 blood knights
banner
champ
banner of blood keep

4 wraiths
1 banshee

2249 Total!!
8 PD/5 DD
2 bound spells
2 scrolls

Etheral death list

Lord
Spectral form
dark acolyte
magic level

Vampire
dark acolyte
lord of the dead
black periapt
helm of commandment

Vampire
Dread knight
walking death
balefire spike
book of archan

Necromancer
2 scrolls

20 skellies
full command

20 skellies
full command

10 ghouls
Corpse cart
balefire

5 Black knights w / barding
banner
royal banner of strigoy

5 blood knights
banner & champ
banner of blood keep

4 wraiths
1 banshee

2246 total!!
10 pd/7 DD
2 bound spells
2 scrolls

With a wraith lord i feel i need heavy magic defence to keep him safe from thoose nasty lightning bolts:evilgrin:

That`s it.

I am with this working off the modells i have avalible and even some left undone still(have 2 weeks)

seraphius
17-08-2009, 21:27
that system is strange! who made it up?

It`s the comp system for ETC(european team championship), only a slightly lighter version.

The normal one also sets VC, DE and Demons at 500 points less than all other races if i don`t remember wrong

so at this years everyone had 2500, while the (A) category races had 2000.

Total BS if you ask me... but meh..