PDA

View Full Version : i need help.

gamershell
17-08-2009, 20:37
i need help making good orcs and goblin army list. i have made tons of army lists but none does even do ok in a taurnament. so what is your adwise to making as hard, even cheesy(dont know if that is possable with O&G) orcs and goblin army wich is all around list?

Ultimate Life Form
17-08-2009, 20:41
dont know if that is possable with O&G

Sorry pal, you're outta luck.:rolleyes:

The only thing in the entire book considered halfway powerful is Mork's Spirit Totem. That's the only advice I can give you.

gamershell
17-08-2009, 20:46
somehow i have never needed many dispell dice, not even againt slann

Gaargod
17-08-2009, 20:48
I dunno. I made this list when i was bored - its not super powerful by any means, but it should, with some skill applied, at least do something.

Black Orc Warboss with heavy armour, shield, Shaga’s Screaming Sword, Warboss Um’s Best Boss ‘At, Guzzla’s Battle Brew and mounted on a Wyvern = 449

Goblin Shaman with Level 2, Staff of Sneaky Stealin’ and mounted on a Goblin Chariot with extra crew = 203

Goblin Shaman with Level 2, 2 Dispel Scrolls and mounted on a Goblin Chariot with extra crew = 203

Goblin Shaman with Level 2, 2 Dispel Scrolls and mounted on a Goblin Chariot with extra crew = 203

5 Goblin Wolf Riders with musician = 66

2 Goblin Spear Chukkas = 70

2 Goblin Spear Chukkas = 70

6 Savage Orc Boar Boy Big ‘Uns with spears, shields, Standard, Musician and Gork’s Waaagh Banner = 244

Goblin Chariot with extra crew = 65

2 Snotling Pump Wagons = 80

2 Snotling Pump Wagons = 80

Total = 1997

Edit: Hold on, i just realised that's the old one - i realised that you can't buy extra crew for the chariots, and i changed some things about. But you get the idea.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
17-08-2009, 20:51
i need help making good orcs and goblin army list. i have made tons of army lists but none does even do ok in a taurnament. so what is your adwise to making as hard, even cheesy(dont know if that is possable with O&G) orcs and goblin army wich is all around list?

I tend to run a non-standard Orcs and Goblins list full of Bloodletters, Bloodcrushers, and Hounds of Khorne. Also, I use the Daemon's army book. It's mostly counts-as.

gamershell
17-08-2009, 21:37
so chariots and pumpwagons are the thing?

Magx
17-08-2009, 21:48
O&G are not really tournament worthy. Yet I run them in tournaments because it's the only one I have.

I'm beginning to rediscover them and what I am suggesting is to go for a magic heavy army (3x Orcs Shamans and 1 Gobbo Shaman) and making your opponent wastes his dispell scrolls and making (or try to) a lot of "Waaghs" in the same turn(if possible, obviously)

Stuffburger
17-08-2009, 22:44
The most broken O&G build you can do, to the best of my knowledge is the "NG pillbox"- something like.

Skarsnik
BSB
Shaman

Bunch of NG blocks w/ 2-3 fanatics

2 fast cav units to annoy and slow the enemy

8 spear chukkas

2 doom divers

Clump everything, get a hill and shoot the enemy to death and hope fanatics kill everything else before it gets to you because the NGs sure as hell won't.

But since that is boring, the following units are considered decent:

Boar chariots- Lotsa impact hits
Shield boyz - Tough and cheap
The spirit totem for DD
Wolf riders- really fast, core and cheap
Savage orc boyz w/ AHW, 6x2. Maybe big'uns. Cheap hammer unit.
Savage orc boar boy big'uns w/ the banner of butchery or waaagh! banner- the best hammer we get.
Spear chukkas- 35 points a crack and 2-1 special
2x doom divers if you feel like defending or 2x giants for offensive armies.
Black Orc warboss- the wyvern is not a good choice since you need the lord's LD to keep the army together.

It's possible to spam 8 chariots at 2k as well- just use 2 per unit that needs to die, cover them with fast cav and giants.

Also take a look at avian's O&G page (just google it)

Catferret
18-08-2009, 00:01

Avian's Orc and Goblin Tactics (http://folk.ntnu.no/~tarjeia/avian/subpage.php?s=index_greenskin_tactics). Figured I'd link it in passing as I have it saved to my favourites.

It's also linked in Avian's sig.

zeekill
18-08-2009, 00:06
Ok Im going to give you an easy to play list which is good against some opponents and ok against others. Ready?

Black Orc Warboss w/ whatever you want to give him
Orc Big Boss BSB with the Dispel Dice = rank bonus banner

Unit of 25 Orc Boyz w/ extra hand weapons and full command
(etc, as many as you need to fill the points)

Unit of 20 Black Orcs + full command
(Unit of 20 Black Orcs + full command if you want another one)

2x Snotling Pump wagons

Thats it. If you want you can make one of the units into big uns, and if youre feeling the mood for some fun make them all savage orc boyz

zeekill
18-08-2009, 00:38
The most broken O&G build you can do, to the best of my knowledge is the "NG pillbox"- something like.

Skarsnik
BSB
Shaman

Bunch of NG blocks w/ 2-3 fanatics

2 fast cav units to annoy and slow the enemy

8 spear chukkas

2 doom divers

Clump everything, get a hill and shoot the enemy to death and hope fanatics kill everything else before it gets to you because the NGs sure as hell won't.

But since that is boring, the following units are considered decent:

Boar chariots- Lotsa impact hits
Shield boyz - Tough and cheap
The spirit totem for DD
Wolf riders- really fast, core and cheap
Savage orc boyz w/ AHW, 6x2. Maybe big'uns. Cheap hammer unit.
Savage orc boar boy big'uns w/ the banner of butchery or waaagh! banner- the best hammer we get.
Spear chukkas- 35 points a crack and 2-1 special
2x doom divers if you feel like defending or 2x giants for offensive armies.
Black Orc warboss- the wyvern is not a good choice since you need the lord's LD to keep the army together.

It's possible to spam 8 chariots at 2k as well- just use 2 per unit that needs to die, cover them with fast cav and giants.

How 8 chariots at 2000 points if the Special Choice limit is 4?

Catferret
18-08-2009, 00:56
How 8 chariots at 2000 points if the Special Choice limit is 4?

Character mounts.

gamershell
18-08-2009, 11:33
thanx for the responses, i might try out chariot heavy list as i have never tested that

rtunian
18-08-2009, 13:02
if you are going chariot heavy in a tourney, i suggest 2 of the character chariots should be goblin shamen, one of the character chariots be a savage warboss with ironclaw's cleava, and the fourth character slot a mork's totem bsb who goes in a big block of shield boyz.

if one of your shams has the sneaky stealing staff, you'll start the game with 8 DD and -1 PD, which will mitigate magic-heavy lists a bit, meaning that your only real weakness will be cannon spam (which isn't as popular as magic heavy by a long shot... lol). this will let you close the gap w/o being nuked to hell, although you can still be shot to hell.

i suppose 8 dd and -1 pd isn't going to save you from ott magic lists... 16-20's pd's i mean...

gamershell
18-08-2009, 13:04
this is what the heroes will be in the list:

Orc great shaman + level + chariot + nibblas itty ring + 3xpover stone = 390 pt
Orc big boss + chariot + porkos pigstikka = 190 pt
Orc shaman + level + chariot + power stone + dispell scroll = 230 pt
Orc shaman + level + chariot + power stone + dispell scroll = 230 pt

magic heavy 20 pd in the turn that p.stones are used

rtunian
18-08-2009, 13:14
orc shamen can't mount chariots.
only orc great shamen can.
it's a shame, i know, especially since goblin shamen can

Ultimate Life Form
18-08-2009, 13:18
Hm, is Magic-heavy Orcs really such a good idea? I mean their miscast table is especially unforgiving...