PDA

View Full Version : Check out these guys....

orlanth1000
18-08-2009, 02:30
These guys have some skills...

http://the2blackdragons.com/black_dragons_deutsch.htm

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
18-08-2009, 02:50
YOWZER. Those are excellent. I love the War Alter, the Chaos Warshrine, pretty much everything on the page... but especially the Shaggoth!

Are these things for sale? Because they look like a lot of conversions that have been recast in plastic. Like the Shaggoth has the Lizardman Carnasaur hind end, and most of the other stuff has recognizable bits in it. I don't read/speak German, so...

Anyway, excellent stuff.

orlanth1000
18-08-2009, 02:55
As far as I know, they are for sale. but they are way expensive I'v been told.
If you email them,( how I'm not sure unless you speak german ) they send a reply with all relevant info. the zombie dragon went for 240 euros I think.....
And apparently all are GW stuff combined with sculpting.

But for inspiration...I'm with you YOWZER!... the ideas are already flowing

theDarkGeneral
18-08-2009, 03:43
HOLY S***!!!!!

:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

Now those guys have the right idea!!!

The Red Scourge
18-08-2009, 07:54
They convert to your specifications, so every mini is unique :)

Jind_Singh
18-08-2009, 08:03
WHAT THE HELL???!!!

Those are truly amazing scuplts and if I could:

a) SPeak German
b) Be loaded with cash

I'd be all over them, I mean the bloody things look amazing! Kholek?! ARRGGHHH! SO GOOD!
War alter - dragon orgres, EVERYTHING there was just how you'd want your figures to be, soooo good!

brendel
18-08-2009, 08:30
Nice, very nice, its given me some idears on how to convert some dragon orgers.....nice.

Desert Rain
18-08-2009, 09:56
Holy cr*p, those are amazing. GW should hire these guys to sculpt some of their minis.

Bloodknight
18-08-2009, 10:14
a) SPeak German
b) Be loaded with cash

b) makes sense, but finding a German in our age bracket who doesn't speak English at all or doesn't at least know somebody who speaks reasonable English is pretty hard. Almost all of us have at least 4 years of English in school, and people attending grammar school up to 8.

Because they look like a lot of conversions that have been recast in plastic.

They are conversions, but the plastic look comes from the grey primer they use, the models come primed.

The Red Scourge
18-08-2009, 11:14
a) SPeak German
b) Be loaded with cash

They do communicate in a quite decent english - they even have an english version of their website, though this demands a little internet smarts to find - I'll give you a hint press "home" :p

the_picto
18-08-2009, 12:28
They converted the forgeworld khorne daemon prince into a thrister. I'm now going to steal that idea:evilgrin: Though I wish there was a rear view so I could see how they attached the wings, I'm thinking a drill and some greenstuff.

stainawarjar
18-08-2009, 16:38
I love that Kholek... Sure they just call it a Shaggoth, but it's obvioucly Kholek

orlanth1000
18-08-2009, 21:23
`Have a look at the dwarven airship in the dwarven gallery.........that is brilliant

Drakcore Bloodtear
18-08-2009, 21:39
Yeh seen it a couple of times What you do is send them a E-mail of what you want your modal to look like then they go out and find the bits and make it after that if your happy they sort the price out

Really good site with great sculptors

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
18-08-2009, 21:41
Check out the Council of Thirteen diorama! It looks excellent!

Seville
18-08-2009, 22:53
These are absolutely amazing. The Chaos Ogres and Kholek are fantastic! How do you order these?

Sarah S
19-08-2009, 02:14
War Alter
War Alteer. :o

Mine is intentional.

Jind_Singh
19-08-2009, 04:29
The sad thing is these guys take the artwork from the books and make their minis look like the artwork = take the khorne champion lady - her name begins with a 'v', Kholek sun eater, they look just like the amazing pics from the book, yet how many times have we seen the actual GW scuplts do this?
prime example, Greasus the tyrant overlord for ogres.
His pic is awesome, the model comes no were near :(

Ironmonger
19-08-2009, 04:55
WHAT THE HELL???!!!

Those are truly amazing scuplts and if I could:

a) SPeak German

German's actually pretty easy, and is a really sexy language, so you could always learn...

stainawarjar
19-08-2009, 11:39
German's actually pretty easy, and is a really sexy language, so you could always learn...

Oh now you're just trolling

I had german for 4 years in school, and used babelfish to read that site ;)

guillaume
19-08-2009, 11:49
So clearly, i can't be the only one thinking...."how are these guys getting away with this?"

If i understand their business correctly, they take Intellectual property from GW (images, fluff, current models) and recast them to sell them for a profit...

Confused as to why GW lawyers haven't put an end to it?

Is there a loop somewhere that they are exploiting?

Is it because they offer "conversion services"?

Bloodknight
19-08-2009, 13:20
They don't recast anything. These minis are GW parts with putty, and each is a one-off.

Commodus Leitdorf
19-08-2009, 14:00
They don't recast anything. These minis are GW parts with putty, and each is a one-off.

Exactly, the models shown on the site are just examples of other conversions they have done for people. All you do is say, "I would like a cool Dragon Ogre conversion" they go "okay", convert one up for you and sell it to you. You wont be getting one exactly like the ones they show on the site.

maaksel
19-08-2009, 19:26
did no one else look at the URL and go "hmm.... http://the2blackdragons.com"

and then click the english version?

http://the2blackdragons.com/black_dragons_englisch.htm

Deon
19-08-2009, 21:56
damn i love the zombi dragon, really good

TeddyC
20-08-2009, 23:14
some of them look great but others... the shaggoth being one that typifies it arent great... those big flat areas just look dull and lifeless.

Sames with the darf elf dragon... but the fiends of slaanesh look ace

GraveGuard
21-08-2009, 13:45
http://the2blackdragons.com/ebay_minis/vampire/vampire/vamp1_4.jpg Its the vampire from the front of the previous army book, I was thinking of doing the same thing but was stuck about the helmet, can anyone tel how they did that one, is it an entirely new scuplt, a head from somehwere else etc.

sharky 10
21-08-2009, 19:09
woooooooooooooooooooow

Zepol963
21-08-2009, 19:16
Really awesome sculptures.

Vladimir Deathblade
21-08-2009, 23:19
Rather than cast, it looks rather more like they have been undercoated to me.

I love the vampire on zombie dragon...

And I want to know how they do their cloaks/material. I doesn't look like they use green stuff to me.

Grapeshot
22-08-2009, 16:07
damn i love the zombi dragon, really good

The wings are trailed with bats!
I wish i have one to lead my VC army!