PDA

View Full Version : 3000 point Ard Boyz battle

vinny t
18-08-2009, 01:54
So, deciding to try out our 3000 point Ard Boyz lists, my brother and I set the stage for the epic smackdown, Warriors of Chaos against Khorne Daemons. Our lists...

Mine
Bloodthirster with Firestorm Blade, Spellbreaker, Armor of Khorne, and Immortal Fury
Skulltaker on Juggernaut
Hearld of Khorne on Juggernaut BSB with Firestorm Blade, Armor of Khorne, and Standerd of Chaos Glory
10 Bloodletters
12 Bloodletters
12 Bloodletters
20 Bloodletters with full command and Skull Totem
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds (Cold Ones)
6 Flesh Hounds (Cold Ones)
6 Flesh Hounds (unpainted Cold Ones)
8 Flesh Hounds
Bloodcrusher
Bloodcrusher

My brother's...
Tzeentch Chaos Lord on Dragon with Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, and Collar of Khorne
Nurgle Wizard with Infernal Puppet (A)
Tzeentch Wizard with Humunculus and Power Familiar (B)
Slaanesh Wizard with 2 scrolls (C)
12 Nurgle Warriors with full command, shield, and halberd (A)
12 Slaanesh Warriors with full command, shield, and halberd (C)
12 Tzeentch Warriors with full command, shield, and halberd (B)
5 Maurader Horsemen of Khorne with flails
5 Maurader Horsemen of Khorne with flails
5 Knights
5 Knights
10 Slaanesh Chosen with full command, shields, and halberds
Scyla

The board was set up with some ramdom terrain we took turns placing. There were 2 forests, a hill, a lake, a swamp (the styrafoam), and some impassable rocks (the cd). My bro chose to deploy first but I got roll for first turn

(pics at the bottom)

Daemons 1st
The whole army ran forward, baiting the mauraurds on the (my) left with a Bloodcrusher.

WoC 1st
The horsemen ran into the waiting arms of my lone crusher. Everything else advanced rather cautiously, the other hosermen unit ran up to creat a danger zone around the warriors. Anything that moved into charge range of the warriors would be either in range of the Knights or the horsemen.

In magic nothing happened in the entire game so I will no longer mention it.

For shooting the lord toasted the back rank of the bloodletters. In combat the Mauraders butchered the crusher and barely missed my dogs unit in the overrun.

(pics at the bottom)

Deamons 2nd
Everything moved forward, another crusher charged the dogs blocking the knights form my dog unit with skulltaker while some dogs charged Scyla and the thirsted charged the knights next to the chosen. My entire center scooted up a tad while my letters moved up to get charged by horesmen.

Combat, the crusher killed 3 hounds and made them flee while the dogs did 3 wounds to Scyla and remained in combat. Thirster killed all the knights but ran off the board.

Warriors 2nd
Horsemen charged the letters, everything else moved up a bit.

Shooting 5 more letters died to the dragon.

In Combat the letters managed to break the horsemen and the dogs remained locked with Scyla.

(pics at the bottom)

Daemons 3rd
Everyhing advanced, my center now in charge range. My slulltaker unit charged the slaanesh warriors along with the crusher.

Combat, my Skulltaker unit did a wound here, a wound there. The slaanesh warriors ended up down by one, but they made their break check. The dogs finally managed to take out Scyla.

Warriors 3rd
Knights charged my dog unit in the middle of my 3 dog units, maurader horsemen reared my skulltaker unit and crusher.

Dragon toasted another couple letters.

Combat, my Skulltaker unit was delt five wounds, did three back and lost by five! After instability I was left with one and a half dogs and Skulltaker. The knights killed a dog and were unscathed, remaining locked in combat.

(sorry no pic for this turn)

Daemons 4th

this turn I killed
1) the remaining Maurader horsemen
2) the Slaanesh warrior unit + wizard
(both with my one and a half dogs and Skulltaker)
3) the chosen unit
(flanked by thirster)
4) the Tzeentch warrior unit + wizard
(with a combo charge of five dogs and BSB's unit)

And flanked the knights fighting my dogs.

At that pointwe called it. I had...

Bloodthirster with Firestorm Blade, Spellbreaker, Armor of Khorne, and Immortal Fury
Skulltaker on Juggernaut (A)
Hearld of Khorne on Juggernaut BSB with Firestorm Blade, Armor of Khorne, and Standerd of Chaos Glory (B)
9 Bloodletters
10 Bloodletters
10 Bloodletters
7 Bloodletters with full command and Skull Totem
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
1.5 Flesh Hounds (A)
4 Flesh Hounds
6 Flesh Hounds (B)

While he had...

Tzeentch Chaos Lord on Dragon with Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, and Collar of Khorne
Tzeentch Wizard with Humunculus and Power Familiar
12 Tzeentch Warriors with full command, shield, and halberd
5 Knights

The pics are (right to left)
Whole battlefield after deployment, right flank after deployment, middle after deployment, left flank after deployment, Whole battlefield after 1st turn, right flank 1st turn, middle 1st turn, left flank 1st turn, Whole battlefield after 2nd turn, right flank 2nd turn, middle 2nd turn, left flank 2nd turn, middle 4th turn, left flank 4th turn

vinny t
18-08-2009, 01:57
more pics, continued from last page

Malorian
18-08-2009, 14:12
Nice battle vinny t.

I was hoping your bloodthirster would smash the dragon... maybe next time ;)

selone
18-08-2009, 17:00
Thanks for the write up, those lists are fairly restrained for 'Ard boyz ;)

SevenSins
18-08-2009, 17:30
friendly 'ard boys lists, and a fine rep.
kudos for running mono-god, havy magic might become troublesome, but with so many hounds....

vinny t
18-08-2009, 21:51
Yeah, I was kinda hoping for a thirster-dragon showdown but we had mathmammered it beforehand and my thirster would win on adverage no matter who charged. Thats why I could never get into combat with him, my broter kept flying it away.

One of the main reasons for the soft lists is because we don't have that many models to choose from.

Do you think that instead of a Lord my brother should run a sorc on dragon?

Malorian
18-08-2009, 21:55

Absolutely X100 :p

selone
19-08-2009, 07:52

It depends how much he wants to wants to win :)