PDA

View Full Version : Sternguard vs Tactical Marines

Fo'Shizzle
18-08-2009, 03:43
I have been looking and looking and I can't seem to see any major difference between the strenguard miniatures and the ordinary tactical marines. Is there any major difference or could I pull of mixing sternguard and normal tacs in a squad together??

imperial90
18-08-2009, 03:46
The only difference is that sternguard have slightly fancier armor and guns, not to mention more dynamic poses, other then that, nothing really

Marshal Sinclair
18-08-2009, 03:48
Sure, so long as it is obvious that they are still tactical marines. If you have a unit of 10 Sternguard, then a unit of 10 Tacticals, but 5 of them are actually the Sternguard models it could get confusing. So long as you only use the figures for one thing, that would be absolutely fine.

I get around this by using the Nid Hunter models. They are obviously completely different to my Tac marines as they are covered in bling and Ultramarine symbols (more so than my Tac Marines).

chromedog
18-08-2009, 04:10
My Sternguard have a small armour styling difference and different squad colour to the normal tacs (plus more than one can take a combi-weapon or special weapon) - they are also made entirely from plastic tacticals.

Fo'Shizzle
18-08-2009, 04:49
Fantastic thanks guys. I just wondered if I was missing something obvious that was different between the two models. But from your comments it appears as though I coulkd indeed just use tac marines, perhaps with odds and ends stuck onto their armour.

Raven Down
18-08-2009, 04:59
Best Way to convert them is to get the Deathwatch Sprue,Easy and Simple

Fo'Shizzle
18-08-2009, 06:17
Best Way to convert them is to get the Deathwatch Sprue,Easy and Simple

And priced in such a way that you might as well just buy regular sternguard...

alex03
18-08-2009, 06:40
My sternguard are going to be the techmarine bits you get from the space marine tanks combined with tactical marine legs and one specific ork shoota (the one with the round ammo drum). One's done as a test and I like the look. And when I run a chaos marine counts as space marine they can double as plague marines.

Netfreakk
18-08-2009, 09:02
Just paint the helmets white, done~

-IronWarrior-
18-08-2009, 09:46
I like the Sternguard kit simply because it can fit into ANY army as Veterans.

I thought about picking one up to make a squad of Chosen until I remembered that they blow.

I might do it anyway just for the awesome conversions.

mughi3
18-08-2009, 10:33
The big thing that really sets sterns apart is thier firepower. it's easy enough to convert combi-weapon bolters on tactical marines and call them sternguard.