PDA

View Full Version : Tendrils of Tzeentch and DP base

lcfr
18-08-2009, 02:48
Hey all, two questions:

1. Tendrils of Tzeentch allows you to modify a single die 'per player turn'. I've yet to see the term 'player turn' and am instead used to 'during the friendly magic phase' or some such. So, does Tendrils of Tzeentch allow me to modify dice during both my own and my opponent's turn, or just my own turn?

2. What size base should a DP be on? My guess is that it ought to go on an ogre-sized base, since it is US3.

Sarah S
18-08-2009, 02:50
Yes you can modify dice during your opponents turn as well as yours.

50x50, which is what it comes with.

stripsteak
18-08-2009, 02:54
you mean tzeentch's will? yes you can reroll any single die for that deamon on your turn and a single die on your enemies turn. you can reroll up to 12 dice a game. it is not limited to a phase so you can use it for that daemons casting, dispelling, attacking, wounding. but not for things that the unit does instability tests etc.

the french base guide says 50x50

*edit* doh you're in WoC not DoC. well same thing applies except tendrils is limited to power and dispel

lcfr
18-08-2009, 02:55
Thanks for the speedy reply. Reason I ask about the DP is that I'm helping a friend convert one from the CSM prince, swapping the power armour pack for galrauch wings.

Harwammer
18-08-2009, 07:04
you mean tzeentch's will? yes you can reroll any single die for that deamon on your turn and a single die on your enemies turn. you can reroll up to 12 dice a game. it is not limited to a phase so you can use it for that daemons casting, dispelling, attacking, wounding. but not for things that the unit does instability tests etc.

the french base guide says 50x50

*edit* doh you're in WoC not DoC. well same thing applies except tendrils is limited to power and dispel

Wow! DoC can do that? Thats crazy compared to the WoC gifts (and tendrils is really good for ... points!). How much does such awesomeness cost?

stripsteak
18-08-2009, 07:13
GW doesnt like people posting point values of individual things, so i'll just say you posted the wrong value for tendrils. Tzeentch's will costs 10 more points then tendrils actually cost.

Mullitron
18-08-2009, 08:32
tendrils of tzeentch for warriors of chaos allows you to re-roll a single power or dispel dice per player turn. ie a power dice in your magic phase and a dispel dice in your opponents. Thus improving your chance to successfully cast a spell or dispel your opponents, whist improving your chances to advoid a miscast.

The Red Scourge
18-08-2009, 12:42
You are also able to re-roll one of your opponents dispel dies in your own turn. Its really quite good :)

Avian
18-08-2009, 13:10
You can't re-roll an opponent's dice. Even disregarding the rules, it is hard to play with broken fingers. :p

lcfr
19-08-2009, 03:57
So to clarify, then:

The die modification can happen once per turn of the game (i.e. 12 times), and can modify friendly and enemy power and dispel dice? Ex. Opponent casts a spell w/2 dice, one die rolls a 1, the second die rolls a 6. I can use Tendrils during his magic phase to force him to re-roll his 6? Or does Tendrils only extend to use of my dispel dice during my enemy's turn and my power dice during my own turn?

Avian
19-08-2009, 06:36
Your own dice only. The rule says "The character may re-roll..." (emphasis mine)

Nothing about forcing opposing characters to re-roll, so that is nonsense.