PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Daemons - Slaanesh

dodo129
18-08-2009, 11:00
Hey all; first ever list for both Daemons and WFB (40K convert :)), so please be gentle with the criticism.

Herald of Slaanesh (Rides with the Seekers)
Etherblade, Great Icon of Despair, Steed of Slaanesh

Herald of Slaanesh (Goes with the big Daemonette block)
Siren Song, Soul Hunger

19 Daemonettes
Full Command, Banner of Ecstasy

10 Daemonettes

10 Daemonettes

5 Furies

5 Furies

6 Seekers of Slaanesh
Full Command, Siren Standard

2 Fiends

Total: 1492.

Opinions? Obviously it's a low-level ld bomb list. If the game is allowing special characters, I will probably remove a Fiend, a Seeker and a Daemonette from the big block, and replace with the Masque. I'm yet to play a game, so tell me where I've gone wrong :)

Jind_Singh
18-08-2009, 17:32
hello fellow Deamon!
I like the list, it's a solid slaaneshi list. My main suggestion would be to:

1) Combine the 2 10 strong deamonette units into 1 20 strong - they really need strength in numbers to be effective!
2) You now got 55pts so make one of the heralds (perhaps the 1 on foot) a level 1 upgrade so you at least have SOME magic defence!
3) If you dont want magic at this stage, no worries, get another fiend and run them in units of 3 (I loooovvvveee units of 3 fiends, just about the most sexiest of sexy units out there if used in units of 3)
Other than that you got a great army there!

mightygnoblar
18-08-2009, 19:08
right first things first, some of your points are way off

your bsb herald is definetly undercosted as with the kit she has she would be 240pts before you add the steed of slaanesh,

additionally your herald on foot is 50pts too much, (90 base +50 points of kit)

so first thing is to sort that out.

even so i dont really think that the icon of great despair is worth it in this list, you just havernt got the other elements to full suppport it, personally i would switch it to the standard of the sundering, this gives your t3 gals some kind of defence against magic, currently your 2 dd will see you getting blown apart in the magic phase.

after that i would reckomend using two squads of daemonettes, one 17 strong to unclude the herald and the other 18 strong, rank these guys up 6x3 and they preform wonderfully.

Personally i would also drop the furies, using the points saved to buy another herald, (if you do this the other daemonette squad can be 17 too)

with all of these changes in pretty sure youd have enough points to buy a some fiends or magic levels if you want to, giving a nice characterful and powerful army

dodo129
19-08-2009, 10:09
First of all, thanks.
Secondly: ****. Somehow I managed to read the Heralds as being L1 wizards by default. Ugh. No idea how I did that one.

Jind: Combining the blocks of Daemonettes is probably a good idea. I wanted to keep them separate for tactical flexibility, but 1 big block would probably be more effective. As I said, I somehow missed you having to pay to make Heralds wizards.

mighty: I don't think the BSB herald is undercosted. Herald (90) + Etherblade (50) + Icon of Despair (75) + Steed (25). 90 + 50 + 75 + 25 equals 240 by my count. As for the other Herald, not sure how I did that. Thanks for picking it up.

New list:

Herald of Slaanesh (Rides with the Seekers)
Etherblade, Great Icon of Despair, Steed of Slaanesh, L1 Wizard

Herald of Slaanesh (Goes with the big Daemonette block)
Siren Song, Soul Hunger, L1 Wizard

The Masque

18 Daemonettes -6 x 3 block

19 Daemonettes - 5x 4 block (with Herald)

5 Furies

5 Furies

6 Seekers of Slaanesh
Full Command, Siren Standard

Fiend

Seems a bit more solid, but I seem to have a LOT of points locked up in characters. Is this normal for Fantasy, or do I need to drop a Herald or something and add in more 'Nettes/Fiends?

mightygnoblar
19-08-2009, 11:19
for the herald you are forgetting to pay the 25 points to actually make her a battle standard bearer before you can give her the banner, so she should be an extra 25 points

having so many points invested in characters is not normal for fantasy at all, however it is very normal for daemons, at any points level you will normally invest a good third of your army into heros

the second list does seem a lot more solid, however i would again suggest that you change the icon of despair to either sundering, or in this case unholy victory i belive both will benefit you army more (and will save you the trouble of having to find those extra 25 points else where)

i would also suggest drop two daemonettes from the bigger squad and running the two of them 6x3, i normally find that you ranks wont make it into combat anyway so the extra attacks and points saved is usually better imo

i dont know what it is but i dont think your list need the furies either, you already have enough speed with your core blocks and seekers, i would drop them for two more fiends to give speed some punch as well

one last thing, try the masque out but im not sure how useful she will be for you, if you find that she is doing well keep her, if not id swap her for another herald to sit with your other daemonettes, ASF is always good

Jind_Singh
19-08-2009, 16:08
dont drop the furies! they are great at any level, at any points, in any army!
biggest thing for fantasy battle - YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH SPEEDY, FAST, FLYING UNITS!
You just cant!
The rest of the Deamon Army is too good to be thrown away, we have no cheap 'cannon foddor' units - apart from furies.
Reasons to use furies - millions!
When I start deployment I will put them across the full 1" from each other in a nice line 12" in. Then the 2nd unit goes down...So the other player has to start putting down real unit deployments when all I've done is put my 12 furies in a long line across the field!
With the actual army behind them you can target the main forces (Unless a large target or units on hills are doing the shooting/magic) unless they kill the furies - well good luck as it'll be a -1 for long range with an additional -1 for being skirmisher unit.
Then around turn 2/3 the furies will swoop off - either to hunt warmachines, get in front of scary units to prevent them charging other units, or fly in-between enemy to become awesome march blockers.
DONT DROP THE FURIES!
Oh but do exchange your bannor for a 50pt one so you can afford the battle standard - it costs 25 pts just for being a BSB! I would go for the one were you get D3 extra combat res, or the -2 to casting spells for enemy wizards - thats a nice one as it gives great magic defence for your army.