PDA

View Full Version : Vampire counts for heavy 2250 comped tourney

seraphius
18-08-2009, 11:52
Think i have settled on the following list.

Comp found here

http://www.invasion.no/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37&Itemid=57

Vampire Lord
Red fury
Dread Knight
Walking Death
Dreadlance
Book of archan

Vampire
Dread knight
Inf, hatred
Balefire spike
scroll

Vampire
Dark acolyte
lord of the dead
black periapt
Helm of commandment

Necromancer(vanhels)
Scroll
Power stone

Char total 880

15 Skellies
champion

15 Skellies
champion

10 Ghouls

6 dire wolves

Corpse cart (still unsure if i want this at all and if i should put my necromancer in it or not)

8 black knights w/barding
champ & standard
Royal standard of strigoys

5 blood knights
Champ & standard
Banner of blood keep

3 wraiths
1banshee

Total army 2245
8 PD/6DD + periapt
2 bound spells
2 scrolls
8 Deployments + chars

Thought and comments wanted:)

The Red Scourge
18-08-2009, 13:19
No reason not to put your necromancer on a corpse cart, when you bring one. The ten models he can replace in a unit pays for the cart in itself + it adds to the survivability of the both the necro and the cart :)

seraphius
18-08-2009, 21:02
Hmm... true... gonna try to stick it with the ghouls.. need points for that though..

Maoriboy007
18-08-2009, 21:03
Bloodrinker might come in handy for a VC army hampered by PD limits. Do you have full command on the skeletons? If not then ghouls are a much better choice.
Corpse cart with Balefire has always been a good choice in my experience

seraphius
18-08-2009, 23:24
I would like to have full command for sure, and might look into finding points somewhere.
Ghouls for me is not an option as i don`t have more than 10 and can`t afford more before the tourney.

Gokamok
19-08-2009, 02:54
I would like to have full command for sure, and might look into finding points somewhere.
Ghouls for me is not an option as i don`t have more than 10 and can`t afford more before the tourney.

Cut 3 skeletons total to provide standard and musician, problem solved.

On another note, I think you should get a tad more protection for your Lord. 2+ AS just won't cut it against hard hitting characters or KB, and even HE Swordmasters can kill him if you get unlucky. Swapping Book of Arkhan for Cadaverous Cuirass and Cursed Book would provide a lot more survivability.
You could give the Book to your other mounted Vampire instead of the Scroll, since you likely won't need 2 of them in a tournament where magic is restricted.

You'll want to turn your Dread Knight Vampire into a BSB; at 25 points it's just too good to miss, especially with lots of expensive cavalry around.

I think you should stick with the Corpse Cart, but probably put a Lodestone on it. With relatively few PD, the extra raising will come in handy, and it usually pays for itself within 1-2 turns.

I'd sugest running the Blood Knights without champion and standard. The champion is a huge liability if you charge a Dragon/Greater Deamon, since he must accept a challenge, and thereby likely cause the rest of the unit to crumble. I personally find that a unit of 5 Fell Bats works wonders for screening Blood Knights from shooting, and you can get them for the points saved from the standard bearer and magic banner.