PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Scouts and the new plastic scouts

Warsmith Strader
10-01-2006, 12:37
Soooooo, I seen the WD conversions, has anyone of the Wolf Lords done this yet?

I mean seen the pics in the white dwarf.

Corporal Chaos
10-01-2006, 13:41
Not yet. You have just sparked the desire to do so. I have a box sitting on the shelf right now that was in limbo as to where I was going to use it. Wolf Scouts and a raid on the bits box and some nice conversions. I saw the WD article but it just did not click until I saw your post. If I ever get a digi cam that I can use I will try to post anything I might manage to humbly convert. Later.
:evilgrin:

Wolf Lord Duregar
10-01-2006, 18:09
Yeah, IŽve seen them but didnŽt really like Žem... IŽve collected some plastic sprues to do my own, with other bitz and heavily influenced by Prophet MiniatureŽs, Here (http://www.prophet-miniatures.com/) (check articles and "Building a better Wolf Scout").

But, instead of using those Marauder-Marine hybrid-legs IŽll use Assault Marine ones (have made one test-mini and it looks good:) ).
I will add Cadian and Catachan plastic backpacks, Kroot shoulder pads, LOADS of grenades, knives, shotguns (on the backpacks) bare heads etc. Think that will look better than those new, plastic Scouts really...:skull:

Griefbringer
10-01-2006, 18:23
If somebody needs hairy heads, do not forget the good old Middenheim/White Wolf sprue from the fantasy range.

TomKamakazi
11-01-2006, 11:14
My wolf scouts can be seen here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18342).

They're about 70% painted at the mmoment. I'll post some pics of them when they are done.

Sgt_Hudson
11-01-2006, 11:38
your'e scouts are rad !

TomKamakazi
12-01-2006, 04:44
Thanks, though I'm starting to fear that they look a little plain after looking at some of the ones that Wolf Lord Duregar linked to.

Wolf Lord Duregar
12-01-2006, 09:22
Well, Prophet Minis is extremely competent, or so it seems, your Wolf Scouts are great, no doubt about it!;)