PDA

View Full Version : Assault on Black reach - orks

selone
18-08-2009, 21:09
Hello 40 K'ers. Apologies if this is oft asked and I'd have thought it was but searching for assault on black reach gave me 500 topics none (on the first page) of which seemed to be right.

Basically I'm not overly keen on 40K (:wtf:) but I've been offered the orks from black reach for a tenner. I last collected 40K a long, long time ago but I used space orks so if I was to collect 40K it would be them (or tyranids)

Simply is the stuff in the box any good? Would I be fielding whats in the box in a decent armylist or is it sub-optimal? I imagine orc boyz are fairly usable and Nobz but what about deff koptas; are they effective?

Cheers for your time.

Joey Dunlop
18-08-2009, 21:11
Effective and standard, it has to be said. And they're excellent models.

marv335
18-08-2009, 21:13
I'll give you a clue, my ork horde is mainly comprised of AoBR orks.
The warboss model is excellent, the deathcoptas are useful, boys are always handy, and the Nobs are nails in combat.
There are no bad choices in the AoBR Ork set.

grissom2006
18-08-2009, 21:13
One they are great models
Two they are a great starting point as it only takes a little to make for two good small armies since you played the rules have most likely moved on a bit.

marv335
18-08-2009, 21:17
My Ork army consists of two AoBR sets plus two Battleforces.
(Ok I have way more stuff than that, but that is the core of my army)

Gray Hunter
18-08-2009, 21:43
Put it this way; I have the full rulebook and I have all the templates etc from previous editions. I have no need at all to buy AoBR, but I'm going to anyway simply because of the Ork minis. There are no bad choices in there.

The Warboss is awesome, five extra Nobz will never be turned down, boyz are always useful and AoBR is the only place to my knowledge that you can get plastic (and thus financially viable) Deffkoptas. And all for $60 US, it's a steal without even considering all the Marines in there and all the extra templates etc.

So yeah, for ten quid I would jump at it.

selone
18-08-2009, 21:56
Alright thanks for the feedback, I'm very encouraged :)

BigBadBull
18-08-2009, 21:57
Other than paying like $30 a pop for a metal one it's the only place to get Plastic Death copters. One can never have enough boys either.

Waaagh Grignak
18-08-2009, 22:10
1 set of black reach orks and 2 battle forces gets you a nice 1500pt army mate, i have 4 sets of the orks from it :)

pookie
19-08-2009, 09:55
just for the tenner there worth it as you could probably trade that on for Nids etc should you not particulary like them. But there deffinatly worth it and will 100% form the base of a Ork Force.