9 Free Comapny Detachment 45pts

10 Crossbowmen 80pts

Special
5 Inner Circle Knights w/full command 170pts

10 Greatswords w/full command 130pts

Rare
Rocket Battery 115pts

total: 1000pts

played this army last night against bretonnia and played close for first 2 turns (we both miscast like crazy but never got the really bad ones thankfully) then pulled away and pretty much massacred him after that.

feedback? suggestions? constructive criticism? ;)

Jind_Singh
19-08-2009, 03:37
rocket battery is excellent in some cases, but in a 1000pts every shot counts - i'd be tempted for either a great cannon or volley gun - last game I was greenskins v's mates empire and his volley gun fired a staggering 24 shots average a turn! and it lasted all bloody game too (though that was VERY lucky rolling from him).
I dont think I'd be too scared of a rocket battery at a 1000pts
Halberdiers are excellent - they are of course the worst state troops out there (swordsman, point for point, are way better, same armour save in combat, better WS, but dont pay points for sheilds) but you know what - bugger it! Empire is famed for it's halberdiers hence I got them too!
But you have spent a lot of points on command groups- the knights could go in basic without command, as could greatswords, and the points saved will allow you to pick up a unit of huntsmen - those guys are killers in 1000pts, very effective - you also get scouts for your army.....
The points you save also allow you to mount the captin BSB on barded warhorse giving him a much better 2+ armour save....
I would also mount the captin general to ensure his surviabilty

Commodus Leitdorf
19-08-2009, 13:44
Heroes
Captain w/sword of might, dawn armor, shield (goes in Halberds) 102pts

Captain BSB w/war banner, full plate (goes in Greatswords) 108pts

Battle Wizard w/level 2 & wizard's staff, lore of light 110pts

That's a lot of heros for 1000pts. I'd keep the BSB, drop the other two and add a Warrior Priest on foot with a GW, AOMI and the Icon of Magnus. In games less then 2000pts hes quite handy.

Core
20 Halberdiers w/full command, shields 140pts

I suggest making this bigger (25 at least) and have the Warrior Priest here

9 Free Company Detachment 45pts

10 Crossbowmen 80pts

both fine though I would knock the detachment up to 10 and have them 5 wide. the 9 man detachment doesn't work very well for Free Company as it does for other detachments.

Special
5 Inner Circle Knights w/full command 170pts

10 Greatswords w/full command 130pts

I would never run Greatswords that small, but if its working for you go nuts...I would also never leave home without at least 1 cannon. but in small games you can get away with it.

Rare
Rocket Battery 115pts

From my own personal experience, 1 of these guys isn't enough. You need two to make them effective and if you cant get 2, your better off with a Helblaster (despite its exploding nature)

Anyway, take my advice if you want and have fun!

-Commodus

orcsorks
19-08-2009, 14:41
Thanks y'all, all great suggestions. The three pronged hero build I knew was a gamble, I did it for fluff reasons more than anything but I am eying the warrior priest, the extra dispel dice is nice and his prayers and various other accoutrement are quite tempting. Anywho, thanks again, suggestions were appreciated!