PDA

View Full Version : Rumor or rabid fanboyism

megatrons2nd
19-08-2009, 00:40
I heard from a guy who heard from a guy, that the Dark Eldar combat drugs for the Wych cults would be broken down as an upgrade per model rather than the random roll. I don't trust this source and wondered if there was a fandex somewhere that this was done?

solkan
19-08-2009, 00:51
There are combat drugs and there are combat drug dispensers, and they operate differently.

So, what the guy said was true if he was talking about the combat drug dispenser, as opposed to the drugs used by entire units.

megatrons2nd
19-08-2009, 00:56
He was talking about for the entire unit.

scopedog91
19-08-2009, 02:35
I heard from a guy, who heard from a guy, who heard from a guy, that some people even care if Dark Eldar are going to come out some day...

puppetmaster24
19-08-2009, 02:41
I heard from a guy, who heard from a guy, who heard from a guy, that some people even care if Dark Eldar are going to come out some day...

i care that DE are coming out some day, and i can name 6 other people who also care.

solkan
19-08-2009, 02:43
The only time when the combat drug effect for an entire unit is chosen is for the retinue of Lelith Hesperax because her special rules say so.

It is possible to take a unit with the combat drug rule, take an upgrade character for that unit, and give the upgrade character the combat drug war gear item. However, what happens in that case is spelled out in the last sentence of the combat drug rule for the unit in such away that choice of drug effects does not extend to the unit and the unit's effect does not stack with the character's choice. (Note: The rule refers to the character's combat drug war gear item as a 'combat drug dispenser', but the item is listed as 'combat drugs'. Attempting to weasel on this point correlates positively for the condition known as TFG or 'the guy in the corner no one ever plays'.)

P.S. This should probably be in the 40k rules forum. Also, I'm trying to avoid directly quoting the codex text but it's a bit awkward.

BrotherMoses
19-08-2009, 04:54
i care that DE are coming out some day, and i can name 6 other people who also care.

Sweet there are 7 of you now. :p

Just kidding don't get mad. There are more Dark Eldar players than you'd imagine. Heck we got one.