PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Vampires Tournament

Boondock
19-08-2009, 06:16
I changed which tournament I am going to play in in a couple of weeks. Anyway, here is a changed and updated list based on some suggestions from the 2000 point list. Anyway, trying to get feedback here is like pulling teeth, but if you guys could supply good and bad, what you like and what you don't like, and WHY that would be greatly appreciated.

Vampire Lord - 420
- Level 3
- Dark Acolyte
- Summon Ghouls
- Infinite Hatred
- Walking Death
- Sword of Might
- Flayed Hauberk
- Gem of Blood
- Black Periapt
Vampire - 195
- Dark Acolyte
- Summon Ghouls
- Nightshroud
- Helm of Command
Vampire - 185
- Dread Knight
- Infinite Hatred
- Book of Arkhan
Necromancer - 200
- Vanhel's Danse Macabre
- Power Stone
- Dispel Scroll
- Corpse Cart
- Balefire

x12 Ghouls - 104
- Ghast
x12 Ghouls - 104
- Ghast
x20 Zombies - 80
x5 Dire Wolves - 40

x19 Grave Guard - 277
- Standard/Champ
- War Banner
x5 Black Knights - 207
- Champion
- Standard
- Barding
- Standard of Strigos

x5 Cairn Wraiths - 250
x1 Varghulf - 175

Total: 2,247
PD: 10 (11) + 2 Bound Items, Power Stone
DD: 7 (8) + 1 Dispell Scroll, Balefire

Anyway, my magical offense consists of 10 Power Dice + 2 Bound Spells and a Power Stone - should be pretty potent. My magical defense consists of 7 Power Dice plus a Dispel scroll combined with the Cart's Balefire. On top of that, I can add one dice to either phase in a turn - whichever is needed the most. As far the ghouls go, I can throw 8 dice at them a turn needing 3's, so I feel comfortable with the smaller regiments.

The casting Vampires both go with the Grave Guard, with the Champ/Nightshroud Vamp taking the challenge of anything that the Lord (which is capable in combat) can't handle. The Necromancer goes with the Zombies and just kind of chills behind the front three regiments, warding off flank and rear charges where possible.

What do ya think?

seraphius
19-08-2009, 08:46
Based on the last list at 2000, this is a good improvement. you got 3 "fast" units with Varg, black knights and wraiths.

A really solid bunker of GG and decent ghoul sommoning power to build thoose units upp fast.

Still the same concern for me though as last with the chars.. alot of points into them..

Boondock
19-08-2009, 18:38
Yeah, there are a lot of points spent on Characters (though 100 points fewer than the last list), but I think each Character adds a little bit to the list that it would otherwise lack. Which is a good thing. Kind of a trade off.

Boondock
19-08-2009, 22:37
More feedback would be appreciated please.

Maoriboy007
20-08-2009, 04:07
Drop 1 Wraith and put in a banshee, leftover oints to put banner of berrows on GG.

Boondock
20-08-2009, 17:31
Do you think three Wraiths + Banshee is strong enough for a tournament setting?

seraphius
20-08-2009, 22:46
I never go home without them for any tourney.

Vs anything but demons and wood elf forrest spirits they are sure to make a mess of your foes plans..

I have had empire players run their steam tank into my wraiths just keep them busy and away from the rest of he`s army(the steam tank was dead in 5 combat rounds) and more..

even if they don`t kill much, they will alter your opponents plan and give you more room to move

Boondock
21-08-2009, 17:28
So what would you rather have? Three Wraiths and a Banshee or five Wraiths?

seraphius
21-08-2009, 20:52
Three wraiths and banshee.

As said, few things can hurt them besides demons, forrest spirits and magic.

When you are unlucky and come upp vs just that, the banshee scream works well as a sub for doing dmg(since you naturally don`t want to get into combat with them vs said race`s and items etc etc.