PDA

View Full Version : Need a bad ass 2k DoC list for fierce competition

Jind_Singh
19-08-2009, 08:59
Hello all,
Looking for a bad ass 2k DoC list for a no-holds barred competiton coming up - with some tough armies. I'm thinking....

Herald of Khorne [265 pts]
Jugger, Firestorm Blade, Armour of Khorne, BSB, 50 pt Icon (most likely the one that adds D3 combat res)

26 Bloodletters full command, icon of endless war [367 pts]

Herald of Tzeentch [145 pts]
Power vortex

10 Horrors standard, icon of sorcery [147 pts]

Herald of Tzeentch [165 pts]
Power vortex, winged horror

10 Horrors standard, icon of sorcery [147 pts]

6 Furies [72 pts]
6 Furies [72 pts]

5 Fleshounds [175 pts]
5 Fleshounds [175 pts]

3 Bases of Nurglings [105 pts]

3 Fiends of Slaanesh [165 pts]

2000 pts, 10 PD, 6 DD - The army relies on speed and strength in numbers to destroy the enemy battleline. Fast moving fiends, fleshounds, furies will move down the flanks supported by fast-ish bloodletters. Tzeentch scampers forward unleashing magic missles galore into units that need softening up before they get charged by rest of army.

OPTIONAL VARIATIONS: I have also have 75 Deamonettes, 14 Seekers (inc 2 commands), 45 more Bloodletters, 10 more fleshounds, 9 more fiends, 1 base of Nuglings, all 4 Greater Deamons, 20 plaugebearers (inc Full command), 2 deamon princes, and 6 bloodcrushers (that could be used as Heralds also, inc a chariot). I cant afford any new purchases for the army so any suggestions you have can only take models from above.

Jind_Singh
19-08-2009, 17:01
Any takers?

Drachen_Jager
19-08-2009, 18:01
I think people are tired of Daemon players who want to min/max their list to it's full potential. The full potential of Daemons is warping the game into something that's not very fun.

Every week someone starts a thread like this, look around for one of them if you must but you won't earn any friends this way.

Jind_Singh
19-08-2009, 20:04
I think people are tired of Daemon players who want to min/max their list to it's full potential. The full potential of Daemons is warping the game into something that's not very fun.All your personal experiance - back when I played the Deamons fulltime (I stopped a few months ago) no one had problems with them, I never had shortage of people asking me for a game, and they would get to pick what they wanted to face...would you like mono-khorne, mono-slaanesh, combat heavy, magic heavy, Greater deamon heavy list today, and we'd take it from there. Yet to play a game were the other guy left crying or cursing. And strangly they all played me many times more since then, so strange hey!

Every week someone starts a thread like thistheres only an 'x' number of armies out there, why not stop Empire players posting a new list everyday? Or Orcs? Or all of them?, look around for one of them if you must but you won't earn any friends this way.get up on wrong side of bed did we? Didnt you get taught if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all??

I dont know about that - most of the deamon threads all have constructive comments, and this is for a no-holds bared competition.
Sadly I play mono-khorne 99.99% of the time so I don't really know much about mixing & maxing out my list, my collection of models stem from the fact that I've owned most of them for over 11 years - before Daemons were even anywere close to being desirable. Infact in those days they would get their asses kicked by pretty much anybody as you had such an incredibly low model count - so in some ways I'm enjoying this new book for all it's worth as its nice to see them swing the other way.
As for friends, well theres never been a shortage of people wanting to take them on week-in, week-out as theres a thing called sportsmanship, and again the mono-khorne army - which is 75 bloodletters, 3-4 heralds, maybe 1-2 units of hounds, or sometimes a daemon prince instead of a herald. Even though I own & love the Thirster he's not my cuppa tea as I dont see the fun in rampaging through with such a lethal killer - weres the sportsmanship?
But now I'm about to enter a competion were theres no comp scores and I heard the crowd there are hardcore killers, so it'll be nice to turn up with something that will hold it's own that day.
So really all I'm looking for is friendly C & C - or you can go look at other threads were your more happy.
AND PS - why do you think my other 3 armies are Empire (1/2 built), Ogre Kingdoms (4 Ogres built), and Orcs & Goblins (ready to rumble!)? Because I like the challange of winning with tactics as opposed to dirty lists, but sometimes you have to whip out the cheddar if you want to attend a cheese party!

Jind_Singh
19-08-2009, 20:09
I think people are tired of Daemon players who want to min/max their list to it's full potential. The full potential of Daemons is warping the game into something that's not very fun.

Every week someone starts a thread like this, look around for one of them if you must but you won't earn any friends this way.

Besides from the looks of your postings your a hardcore Warriors player, and I'll have you know I've yet to beat my friends all-mounted warriors army, no matter what list I play - he's kicked my ass back to the realm of chaos so many times it's not even funny!
The closest I got to even touching him was with my Goblin horde!

Minigiant
19-08-2009, 20:11
1. Khorne/Tzeentch Power Gamers. Bloodthirster, 3 large blocks of Horrors to turn into PD and DD, units of 5 Flesh Hounds, units of 5 Flamers. Almost guaranteed to make your opponent auto-RageQuit by the end of the 3rd turn with powerhouse Magic (Horrors and Pink Fire), Shooting (Flamers), and Combat/Magic Res (Khorne).

2. Tzeentch's Flying Circus. Lord of Change, 3 units of 30 Horrors, and Max Flamers. You can outshoot and out-magic most armies, and almost none of your army will end up in combat becausee Tzeentch is a wuss with wings. Only loses out to miscasts, extreme anti-magic hatred (Dwarfs with 3 Runesmiths and a Runelord on an Anvil come to mind), and armies that can field anti-flaming protection (aka High Elves with 2 units of Dragon Princes and Nobles in Dragon Armour).

3. Nurgle's Plague Farm. Epidimius (Nurgle Special Character) +3 Heralds, all in 25-man blocks of PlagueBearers. Support is Nurglings and Plague beasts. The whole army has Wards, and Epidemius gives his unit Regeneration (don't know about the rest though). Exceedingly tough to kill, unless you can bring 2000pts of Flaming to the board (aka. Example 2) or kill their Heralds quick smart.

Jind_Singh
19-08-2009, 20:29
Well it's good to know that I wont be a win the complete list-builder bas**rd award as I dont own the right models!
I also play Greater Deamons very poorly (yet to see one survive a game!) so maybe I'll stick with mulitple units approach and see what happens.
From your 3 examples there my only bet is to exchange bloodletters for plauge bearers - but I'll sacrifice their speed for their toughness.
Maybe I need to playtest the list out and come back with feedback - I heard theres this killer Dark Elf in town (won a ton of competions all over the place), see if he will 'illuminate' me.
Thanks Minigiant!

stonetroll
20-08-2009, 04:03
I also play Greater Deamons very poorly (yet to see one survive a game!)

If you want a truly silly-hammer army that also adresses th above problem try this:

Kairos
Blue Scribes
Tzeentch herald on flying chariot with MoS and Spellbreaker with BSB --> Standard of Sundering

3* 10 Horrors (naked)

4* 5 Flesh Hounds (naked)

As many flamers as you can fit in

Jind_Singh
20-08-2009, 06:16
Hey how come Warseer critics are such big fans of MoS?
I have always taken power vortex to earn me the extra power die, so what is it that makes MoS a must have for all Tzeentcians???

Browncastle
20-08-2009, 06:32
Hey Im sitting in the same boat as you, my problem is that deamons get comped overly hard, next tournament deamon dark elves and vc start off with 2000p vs most armies get 2400p and the lower armies like OnG get 2700p, It getting rediculus!

Ill subcribe your thread and come with some feedback later, now job:(

Boondock
20-08-2009, 08:21
Goddamn. If I had to play 400 points short, I would just cheese the **** out of whatever list I made. That's *********.

That or I wouldn't play in it. Probably just wouldn't play in it.

Jind_Singh
20-08-2009, 08:24
Hey Im sitting in the same boat as you, my problem is that deamons get comped overly hard, next tournament deamon dark elves and vc start off with 2000p vs most armies get 2400p and the lower armies like OnG get 2700p, It getting rediculus!

Ill subcribe your thread and come with some feedback later, now job:(

Thanks Brown Castle!
On a side note took out my Orcs v's skaven in a 2000pt game, he had 2 units of clan rats, 1 with screaming bell, the other with a warlock. 3 rat ogres, and 2 units of some crazy dudes who can tunnel, scout, skirmish. THATS IT - 2000 pts for an army of 5 units, only the clanrats were 30 strong!
I had 2 * 20 orc boyz, 2 * 7 spiders, 2 spear chuckas, rock lobba, giant, 3 iron guts, level 4 NG shaman lord, 3 NG lvl 2 shamans, orc chariot, 5 squig hoppers - looking to smash him with just static comat res alone (I knew this guy played hard magic, his screaming bell alone gives him SEVEN powerdie). He gets turn 1, I shut his magic down, last thing he does...ring the bell...DONG! 13....all units take a panic test...over 1/2 my army ran off the board! We're now equal in units on table except his is worth 2000pts!!!
What a rocking game! We both miscast a million times, failed horrible rolls, and had a tremendous time!!

OK - time to look at more threads, I'll keep an eye out Brown Castle and thanks again!

Browncastle
20-08-2009, 15:04
hEY back home.

This is the list I used at etc:

Thirster, w/ obsidian armour, fury, and scroll

Herald, w/jugger, flame sword, AoK, BSB

Herald of Slaanesh, w/ steed, sirensong, tormentblade

2 x 10 Pinkhorrors

10 Deamonettes w/ stubborn banner, alluress

2 x 5 Fleshounds

5 Flamers

1 Fiend

It did ok, I were in 15th place after first day, but meet 2 bad match ups second day and ended 31 of 92 players. The bad match ups were Lizardmen with lots of light magic and Empire with steam + alter and 2 x 7 outriders.

brb

iio
20-08-2009, 15:28
Skip the banners in the horror regiments, not worthy a single bit since you don't rellay bother if they gets smashed and you don't wanna loose another 100p for the banner.

Why nurglings? Drop em off and try to get some flamers. Totaly worth every point.

edit: Slice the Blodletters aswell. Replace with 10 naked horrors to fill the core slots. The points you got to spare should definitely go to more hounds and flamers.

Jind_Singh
21-08-2009, 00:06
I took banners as it makes the horrors into a really reliable casting unit - casting on 3+ meaning if I need to magic missle someone theres a good chance I can pull it off using 1 powerdie - 4+ is just so chancy!
With the heralds in the units (4+ ward saves) I found they dont really die. I am carefull to keep them out of combat - but then again I only tested this list twice against an Empire player so not sure how that tactic works out there.
Nurglings have never let me down in any game, they scout, got 3 wounds, 3 posion attacks each - they just about do anything I need them to. They are small so people ignore them - until they unleash pain!
Bloodletters were taken over a 3rd horror unit just because 3 horror units sounded so bland - not to mention I'd have to buy & make 10 more horrors (most annoying deamons to put together, actually deamonettes are really annoying too). Bloodletters also allowed me to throw in a super powerful combat unit, which has MR, and it's so big it attracts attention - leaving other units free to rampage around.
Having said that I'm testing this list out today against a 2 Steam Tank & War Alter Empire force - so we'll see how it does.
I'll keep you posted

Jind_Singh
21-08-2009, 00:11
[QUOTE=Browncastle;3877218]hEY back home.

This is the list I used at etc:

Thirster, w/ obsidian armour, fury, and scroll
Interesting, never considered Obsidian armour as theres so few magic weapons out there - only maximum of 4 models per army can even carry them. Scroll is for sure something I really miss with my current list
Herald, w/jugger, flame sword, AoK, BSB
standard build - suprised to see no Icon
Herald of Slaanesh, w/ steed, sirensong, tormentblade
Everyone goes on about siren song - I'll have to try it out and see if it's all it's meant to be
2 x 10 Pinkhorrors
Never took them without standard, dont you find casting on 4+ is so chancy?
10 Deamonettes w/ stubborn banner, alluress
What do you use this unit for - looks like a one trick pony, get it flanked or rear charged by enemy, hope your stubborn holds out so you can counter charge the following turn. Is that what you do with it?
2 x 5 Fleshounds

5 Flamers

1 Fiend
Last 3 are standard - I love flamers, cant wait to buy some one day
It did ok, I were in 15th place after first day, but meet 2 bad match ups second day and ended 31 of 92 players. The bad match ups were Lizardmen with lots of light magic and Empire with steam + alter and 2 x 7 outriders.

brb[/QANd theres a problem as I know theres at least 2 Empire STANK & WALTER players, and 1 Skaven who is insanley magic heavy, his greyseer alone generates SEVEN powerdie!!! And 3 Warlock engineers to boot!UOTE]