PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Woc, Will I Get Slaughterd?

Rosstifer
19-08-2009, 09:01
Okay, my club is soon to be running the nual WHFB tourney to work out everyones places in the ladder. This is my first time playing WHFB at anything larger than 1000 points. Now, there are 29 people who are going to be competing and knowing each of them only 4 or 5 will be taking beardy lists. never the less I would like to make it into the top 20. Every warhammer race is reperesented in the tourney and its static list.
My army is (* = I haven't bought yet.)

1x Khorne lord on Juggernaut with Chaos Runesword, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, Shield, MOK

1x Exalted Hero with Axe of Khorne, Favour of the Gods, Shield, MOK

1x Sorceror with MOS, Level 2, Dispel Scroll

1x Sorceror with MOT, Level 2, Dispel Scroll

12x Chaos Warriors with HW, Shield, Full Command, MOT

12x Chaos Warriors with HW, Shield, Full Command, Raptourous Standard*

5x Warhounds*

5x Warhounds*

16x Marauders with Hw, Shield, Light Armour, Full Command*

15x Chosen with Great Weapons, Full Command, Helm Of Many Eyes, Blasted Standard*

5x Chaos Knights with Lances, Full Command, MOT

I was considering dropping the lances on the Knights, and 1 marauder to put in 5 more Warhounds.

Lord Khabal
19-08-2009, 09:06
16 marauder are worthless. either use 10 naked (and hide them in a forest) or 20-25 well equiped (la/sh or GW), FC.

Where do you put the characters? their frenzy will draw them from their units (since they have higher movement than infantry)

2 lvl2 mages dont cut it. remove extra levels and buy +2 scrolls.

hope it helps...

DONT EVER PUT LANCES ON CHAOS KNIGHTS!!!!

Dont bother with champs in CW unless using a warshrine.

Wolfenheim
19-08-2009, 09:09
That unit of chosen is unnecessarily big. I would suggest dropping it to 12 at the most. The marauders in such small numbers also seems a bit pointless, as their big thing is SCR, which they won't give you in such small numbers.

Now, depending on whether or not you play demons or vampires at all, the slaaneshi sorcerer and lances on the knights won't help too much, as the lore of slaanesh doesn't do a lot to ItP enemies and lances will only be beneficial on the first round of combat, so against units that won't break, they won't help you as much.

On the other hand, if demons or vamps aren't on the agenda, then the above choices will fair a bit better.

Whether or not you get destroyed has a lot to do with your opponent's army list/

Rosstifer
19-08-2009, 09:12
The exalted Champion Has same movement as Chaos Warriors doesn't he? so shouldn't he be alright?

Rosstifer
19-08-2009, 09:19
So, Slightly Revised

1x Khorne lord on Juggernaut with Chaos Runesword, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, Shield, MOK

1x Exalted Hero with Axe of Khorne, Favour of the Gods, Shield, MOK

1x Sorceror with 2x Dispel Scroll

1x Sorceror with MOT, 2x Dispel Scroll

12x Chaos Warriors with HW, Shield, Full Command, MOT

12x Chaos Warriors with HW, Shield, Full Command, Raptourous Standard*

5x Warhounds*

5x Warhounds*

25x Marauders with Hw, Shield, Light Armour, Full Command*

15x Chosen with Great Weapons, Full Command, Helm Of Many Eyes, Blasted Standard*

5x Chaos Knights with Full Command, MOT

Horus0001
19-08-2009, 09:37
I dont see anything massivly wrong with the list but there are a few little points im not too sure on.

Having the combat characters with MoK in units means your going to have to be declaring charges as soon as you know the unit is in minimum charge range to avoid the characters bombing off solo, in my mind thats not worth it for one extra attack. But then again ive only used a frenzied character a few times and this didnt happen.

Im not a massive fan of the Rapturous standard. I used it for a while and it never worked, i later switched the standard to a war banner so i could get +1 CR instead. Having said that your not running MoS on the unit so it may be pretty handy against fear auto breaks.

Helm of Many Eyes on the chosen champion seems a bit odd to me. Ld8 stupidity for the sake of 3 str 6. Also you have given the chosen the blasted standard but not MoT, marking them up would give you a 4+ against shooting attacks, quite a bit nicer than 5+.

I myself run an infantry heavy warrior list and ive got to say i couldnt live without a battle standard. You could put it on the Exalted Hero (not a magical banner though) as your likely going to be getting charged instead of charging and you want to be holding that first round (also makes the rapturous standard a bit better).

Not sure how you feel about marks but id be inclined to remove MoT on the knights and warriors (since its only 6+) and replace it with MoS since your going to a tournament and expect a lot of fear causing units. For the Knights id probably mark them MoN for a tournament, they are the only thing in your army besides the hounds that is above movement 4 and will likely be targeted quite a bit.

Lastly i disagree about the no champions on warrior units, id rather a champion got wasted with max overkill than the equivilent in warriors, also gives you some versatility in where to put your exalted champion instead of him having to be with the chosen if he wants to avoid spending the game fighting unit champions.
Wow this turned out longer than i expected, hope some of it helps.

PeG
19-08-2009, 10:06
Not having lances also gives you magical weapons on the knights which is very useful against for example VC. Its a solid list although maybe a bit slow. If you are using this list I am assuming that you are aiming at using your knights as hammers when your warriors are in combat ie keeping them back initially.

I can see two problems with the list. First as others have said your characters have frenzy meaning that there is a risk that they will run off on their own which may or may not be a problem depending on what army you are facing. The second problem is speed, if you are going up against an army with lots of shooting (dwarfs, empire, some WE lists erc) you are likely to get march blocked and be on the receiving end of lots of gun/bow fire while walking across the board. You have to few fast units to really threaten the shooting units. Maybe add either more knights with MoN, a few units of horsemen, more hounds or something else to deal with the shooty guys.

Red_Duke
19-08-2009, 11:44
couple of things:

MoS on troops is great - i'd highly reccommend warriors with it, and its also great on marauders.

Marauder horsemen with MoS is also a winner for baiting and fleeing as they can't be terrored off. quite like mine with throwing axes

Knights are always better off without lances - completely pointless upgrade imo. FC is a bit excessive too i'd say. Warbanner and standard are generally sufficient, unless you want to go whole hog and give them MoN and the banner of rage (which is a pretty good combo, and the Lord would sit well in the unit then too).

Personally i'd drop one of the lvl1 sorcerors and take a slaaneshi hero on a steed of slaanesh, stick him in a slaaneshi marauder unit and use him for turn 2 warmachine charges. since they have to then shoot the immune to panic marauders they can't stop the hero from tagging the warmachine/unit, and he should smack it good and proper with any luck.

I'd suggest a BSB in the list too - WoC leadership is hardly great, and i think a BSB is extremely helpful in making sure your units don't run away.

Bauknefer
19-08-2009, 13:00
I recommend giving your foot hero MoN and putting him with the chosen unit it gives them a little missile protection and give the chosen MoT and drop them to a unit of 11 and do 6 by 2. give MoS to your warriors because its cheap and you no longer worry about fear. I would drop all the champions in every unit and use the points on a warshrine or something. change the MoS sorc to MoN because nurgle has better lore at level 1 or 2 IMO. That is just what I think. and for the jugger you can give him flail armor of morsileb and crown for 0+4+4+ saves runesword is good but flail is better and with the knights backing him up you should ruin anything on the charge anyway. Also make those GW Halberds it is better to have that awesome Initiative 5 then +1 str and helm makes them unreliable so glave of purification may be a buy 3 attacks and if 1 wounds then they are str2 t2 great for monster killing

Death Korp
19-08-2009, 20:11
It looks a good list to start off with, but I would make a couple of changes:

*Make both Sorcerers Nurgle as Buboes sniping can be handy in weakening enemy heroes (like Vampires!). What you could do is use Festus instead of one of them, and stick them in a Warriors unit. He makes them regenerating and poisioned attacks. I found out today how awesome that is!

*As your Exalted Hero looks like he will be challenging things with the kit set up, MoN would be a better choice as there are alot of things with Always strike first, so you'll want to stack the odds against your oppoment. Killing blow is always good :)

*Make both units of Warriors 14 strong with full command, Mark of Slannesh, Shields and Halberds. Great unit, and perfect bunkers for your sorcerers!

*Take off the Marauders, and stick in a unit of Marauder Horsemen with flails, MoS, Musician and Light armour. Great unit, and cheap! Saves room for more Chaos Warriors!

*Take off the Chosen unless you are wanting Warshrines. Get another unit of Knights, with MoT, Blasted Standard and a Musican. Make the unit you already have MoN and have the Banner of Rage too. The 2 units i mentioned are quite common in WoC armies, but its becasue they are very good!

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

DK

Rosstifer
19-08-2009, 20:51
So the stupidity on the Chosen Champion transfers to the rest of the Unit?

Horus0001
20-08-2009, 08:44
Yep the stupidity holds back the unit.

Unless your having deployment issues i dont see much of a reason to run warrior units 5X3 compared to 6X2, those 2 attacks can help quite a bit (especially if using halberds as mentioned). The 30ish points used can be spent on hounds or some fancier things.

Then again if your going with something similar to the original list you may be having room issues with the blocks depending how the terrain is.