PDA

View Full Version : Help

dreameater
19-08-2009, 14:24
Can someone please help me choose an army I have recently got back from the options and I'am short sighted so what armies are there which are simple to paint I really like the Guard are they still viable if not which armies are easy to paint and has not got a lot of little pieces thanks

Shatter
19-08-2009, 14:41
Chaos is out..as far as easy to paint goes.
Eldar CAN be easy if you stay away from things like Harlies
Nids can also be easy.
Marines...

ZenPaladin
19-08-2009, 16:32
Necron's are probibly the easiest to paint of all armies. I read a painting guide that taught you how to do it all with spray paint.

They are not the best of armies right now though.

I played guard for a while and did the GI-Joe guard. Green, Black and Mettal. Three colors and thats it!

I hate painting.

Bunnahabhain
19-08-2009, 20:12
Guard are fine, and very viable indeed.

As far as painting goes, they're not particularly difficult, unless you go for an infantry heavy force with an intricate camo scheme, or decide on a Forge world Guard army, with all that detail. Many builds are hordes, so you don't want to make each trooper a work of art- it's much better to have a finished horde done to a reasonable standard, than a few models done to competition standard and the rest only undercoated.

Your Vehicles are the main show piece things- It is worth getting an Airbrush to do them properly.

Gorthaur
19-08-2009, 20:17
Can someone please help me choose an army I have recently got back from the options and I'am short sighted so what armies are there which are simple to paint I really like the Guard are they still viable if not which armies are easy to paint and has not got a lot of little pieces thanks

dont choose anything that involved painting yellow, white or orange as those colors are difficult to paint especially if you plan to apply those colours across your whole army. IG would be a good choice, but they are the second most popular army so dont expect your army to be too unique. They have a fair amount of cool little bitz especially in the command box. Tyranids are easy to paint usually involving only two colours but their rulebook is becoming in need of an update I believe.

ichbala
19-08-2009, 20:34
Necrons

Boltgun metal+badab balck and a new codex soon

bocaj
19-08-2009, 21:53
Necron's are probibly the easiest to paint of all armies. I read a painting guide that taught you how to do it all with spray paint.

They are not the best of armies right now though.

I played guard for a while and did the GI-Joe guard. Green, Black and Mettal. Three colors and thats it!

I hate painting.

i'd like to see that painting guide.

Necrons are easy to paint and have no options except the destroyer lord model and positioning of most units.

ashc
20-08-2009, 00:59
Already said it once this evening, go for the army that you like the models for most, it will please you more in the long run.