PDA

View Full Version : Shared Leadership

bomblu
19-08-2009, 18:43
Guys, little question on the rules. My friends and i are going to play a 2 v 2 next weekend, Empire (to one side) and orcs and lizards to the other side. However, beig that the orcs and lizards share different leadships stats, we're not sure how the thing should work. Should the orcs use the lizardmen's leadership when close to a hero, or should orcs work as orcs and lizards as lizards - regardless their alliegence in the game etc?

Condottiere
19-08-2009, 18:45
The easiest is to keep leadership tests separate. That includes Empire.

Assume the chains of command don't intersect.

Keller
19-08-2009, 18:52
We always treat allied armies as seperate forces. No using allied general's Ld, BSB, etc. In all respects its just your army with a little extra help from another army, not one big one.

Avian
19-08-2009, 19:00
Some rules I have found to work well: Multiplayer Battles (http://www.avianon.net/scenarios/multiplayer.php)

PeG
19-08-2009, 19:16
Sharing leadership really messes things up sometimes. I played a doubles game with my skaven partnering with WoC. The rules stated that you had one common general. The result was an LD9 WoC general which together with strength in numbers gave me LD12 rats :wtf:

bomblu
19-08-2009, 20:23
Thanks a lot for the tips guys :) I dont play a lot of wh, so i'm not too good at the rules thing and i wanted an answer asap so we'd settle out the armylists from now :p

Braad
20-08-2009, 11:08
Either:
Each their own line of command, and their own generals and BSB's, which I prefer.
Or, 1 general and 1 BSB for the entire faction.

But nothing like two generals which both have their leadership bubble for the entire army... that was never intended. Though I do think it can be an interesting houserule for very large battles.

Condottiere
20-08-2009, 11:21
If you have three a side, a Marshal is an option.

Even allied contingent rules had separate chains of command.

If you wanted an integrated chain of command, the best option is one army divided into divisions, controlled by participating players.