PDA

View Full Version : 2k Empire Army Help me spend my last 70pts

Minigiant
19-08-2009, 20:04
Had an empire army for a while and been having great fun with them and re wrote my army list for my an up coming tournament with a few new models and have found im 70pts short and dont know what to do with them

my first option would be to upgrade my arch lector with magic weapon and armour

my second option would be to find some more points and add a new unit

So heres the army

Arch Lector 261pts
War altar
heavy armour
Van Horstmann's speculum

Captain 160ts
full plate
shield
imperial pegasus
aldred's casket of sorcery
sword of might

Captain 118pts
full plate
banner of sigismund

Warrior priest 138pts
barded warhorse
heavy armour
doomfire ring

24 Swordsmen 169ts *BSb goes here
Full command

5 Archer 40pts

9 Free company 45pts

25 Swordsmen 175ts *warrior priest goes here
Full command

5 Archer 40pts

9 Free company 45pts

6 Knights 146pts

18 Greatswords 210pts
Full command

5 Pistoliers 97pts
Musician

Great cannon 100pts

Mortar 75pts

Helblaster 110pts

So what would you do with this list?

Jind_Singh
19-08-2009, 20:15
I would try to find a way to squeeze in 10 huntsman just to add much need scouts to your army - you need a distraction unit to protect some of your nicer units being picked on early on in the game.
Otherwise can't really fault the list as you got nice balance of infantary, artillary - my only quibble would have been to exchange bowmen for crossbows/hand gunners but I dont know what province you are playing from - maybe they wont fit your theme.

Minigiant
19-08-2009, 20:28
Its an army of ostermark the archers arent realy there to shoot but more of a screen for the free company detachments of my big block units

So you dont think my arch lector needs upgrading?

Jind_Singh
19-08-2009, 20:40
If I did upgrade the lector it would be to add the magic weapon that grants a +1 to hit in combat. You already get the ward save from his alter, so he's fine in that department.
He's got his 3 wounds, and chances of pulling off spells to heal himself from time-to-time, so we're ok there.
But the sword that allows +1 to hit is genius when played in combination with the VHS - you'll be hittting on 2's, hopefully wounding on 3's or 2's (if lucky) which means he'll be a force to be reckoned with.
It's a shame you cant take any dwarf slayers in your list - as they fight with the forces of Ostermark on a regular basis. I think I read this somewere, but the province is very close to some dwarf keep which attracts slayers - who come maybe because your so close to Kislev? I also heard that the Ostermark army is almost constantly in the field so good choice by taking Swordsman - you'd only expect the best state troopers in such a place.
It also makes sense for so much milita too as the province is really rural and has a lot of agricultural land, so the free company you took for detachments with their pitchforks would be right in there!!!!
But back to the Arch-lector - all depends on wether you feel you'll be more profitable with a screen of scouts to harras the foe from the onset of the game or wether you want to pack on the Arch-lector.
Dont forget most people are scared to charge Arch-lectors as nearly all leave home with VHS, so they know they'll get destroyed in duels with him.

mr_vespa
19-08-2009, 21:44
Upgrading the Lector with +1 str, ASF sword is a surefire way to maximize the Van Horstmann's speculum's effects, since you'll *always* be hitting your intended target with a fury :P. Sword of Striking, as mentionned, is also a good alternative, but your Lector already has hatred. Unless you have the "I always roll 1s" syndrome, I'd consider making him that much more fighty.

Err... Give a shield to your mounted Warrior-Priest? Shouldn't that help with his armour save :p.

Other random ideas... Why not use the Griffon banner along with your BSB and Swordsmen? Or swap out free company detachments for halberdiers (ranked 3x3)? Give your pistoliers an outrider with a repeater handgun maybe? Quite a few possibilities for pt filling :).

Lord Hurin
19-08-2009, 22:02
First thing I'd suggest is to pay the 25 points to make your BSB a BSB!

Then I'd drop a couple Swordsmen from the unit that the WP is going in. Unless you want them to be 27-strong for some reason.

Minigiant
20-08-2009, 09:15
First thing I'd suggest is to pay the 25 points to make your BSB a BSB!

Thanks for pointing this out

Then I'd drop a couple Swordsmen from the unit that the WP is going in. Unless you want them to be 27-strong for some reason.

Because he has a habbit of running out of the unit either to charge down an enemy on his own or to have fun with doomfire ring