PDA

View Full Version : Skrag the slaughter list

Boss Zagstruk
19-08-2009, 22:46
I decided to try and make a skrag the slaughter theme army , i know there are more viable lists out there for OK but i thought id give it a shot. After all he is one of my favorite special characters and i have a soft spot for gorgers. Its the perfect situation :)

Lord
Skrag the slaughter

Heroes
Butcher with skull mantle and seige breaker.
180 *with one unit of ironguts*

Butcher with bandstick and dispell scroll.

Butcher with halfling cookbook and dispell scoll.

Core
3 ironguts with bellower.

4 bulls with bellower and additional hand weapon.

4 bulls with additional hand weapon.

Special
2 gorgers.

2 gorgers.

2 gorgers.

2 gorgers.

Rare
Slave Giant.

Total 2499

Im wondering if i should drop the giant for more ironguts. I am also aware i may be going a little ott with the gorgers. Tatically im not 100% sure what im doing but i am reader articals on ogre stronhold to get a better understanding of them. I am a novise with em.

thanks

PARTYCHICORITA
20-08-2009, 00:03
Im wondering if i should drop the giant for more ironguts.

Yes you should.

IMO it's an awesome list.

mr_vespa
20-08-2009, 00:25
8 Gorgers... Wow, very brutal! I'm loving the possibilities here :D.

Dropping the Slavegiant (who isn't stubborn :cries:) is a good idea for getting more Ironguts. If you could scrape some points and increase your Butcher bunkers, t'would be magnificient. Maybe adding standards for combat rez and champs to protect your Butchers in challenges if you can afford to do so (not very important in this scenario). Oh, and no Hellheart :p?

Time of Madness
20-08-2009, 01:48
I'm in favour of the giant. A lot of people see a non stubborn giant and say "what's the good in that"....I on the other hand love the non stubborn giant. He perfoms two major tasks for the list.

- Provides a target for enemy shooting other then your important ogre units.
- Has the ability to flee (many people don't realize this). I love marching him foward and fleeing setting up some nice bull charges.

He also can perform some nice secondary activities like flanking etc.
Time of Madness

Boss Zagstruk
20-08-2009, 13:09
I was thinking about adding two maneaters instead of the slave giant. With heavy armour and great weapons thats would cost 180 pts. Id have to do a little rejigging but thats not a problem. Id run then with skrag and then ive got a stubborn unit :) Id make them pilgrims of skrag possibly, kinda a mix between amputees and empire flagellants