PDA

View Full Version : 500 points- Conflict- Magic heavy



C'tan
10-01-2006, 17:16
High Elves:


Mage:
Level 2
Total: 130 Points

Mage:
Level 2
Total: 130 Points

10 Archers:
Total:120 Points

10 Archers:
Total:120 Points

Power dice:6
Dispel dice:4
Total: 500 Points

Flypaper
11-01-2006, 05:04
...Er, I'm assuming High Elves? Some detail might be helpful. :p

Okay, most 500 point armies will field one support unit - skirmishers, fast cav, whatever - one "combat" unit and maybe something fancy to break stalemates. So for instance I run fifteen Saurus, ten Skinks and two Salamanders.

So what happens with this list? Your casters are super-vulnerable to their fast units, as there's really nowhere to hide and you can't rely on whittling them down. Meanwhile two blocks of archers aren't enough to get a real combat unit below fighting strength fast enough.

Now, there's a lot of potential power in two HE mages... But they're going to be painfully inconsistent. I predict rapid losses 60% of the time along with miraculous wins the remaining 40% when the dice are properly aligned. :eek: