PDA

View Full Version : Skaven BP

Gluemy
10-01-2006, 18:24
I'm thinking to start Skaven, and I made a Border Patrol list for beginning. I've been thinking something like this:

Hero:
Warlock Engineer 110 pts.
-Supercharged WP Accumulator
-Warp Blades
-Warplock Pistol
-Storm Daemon

Core:
20 Clanrats 165 pts.
-musician
Ratlin Gun Weapon Team (60 pts.)

20 Clanrat Slaves 44 pts.
-musician

Special:
9 Warplock Jezzails 180 pts.

Casting Pool: 4
Dispel Pool: 3
Models in Army: 51
Total Army Cost: 499

Would this work? Slaves are just to bring some mass and cheer next to the shooters.

C'tan
10-01-2006, 18:29
I would Minus a Musician from both the squads, and put in it's place a Banner.

patataman
11-01-2006, 01:44
Change de WE for a Chieftain
Magic in border patrol suck xD
And put a baner on the clan rats they need it

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
11-01-2006, 09:35
One term to summarize your list: way too shooty!... A warlock engineer, storm daemon, ratling gun and NINE jezzails will result in battles that will (very) quickly drag down to a shooting contest. If you're willing to go that way, suit it yourself, but I'd seriously reconsider your options. Cause there might be more then enough opponents who'll started about cheese and SAD, once you come up with a list like this.

As such, I'd agree with the point to change your warlock engineer to a chieftain. First of all, it gives you a little punch in combat and second of all, that always important extra point of leadership. Now I don't know about you, but I'm quite a terrible dice-roller when it comes to leadership tests, so I seriously praise that extra point of leadership a chieftain brings to my army. And when I look at the small size of your units, so will you eventually!

Secondly, I'd advice to take banner + musician, instead of musician only. You'll need it.

Thirdly, dump the jezzails. Unless you're facing heavy cavalry, you won't find a proper use to them. And yes, with these small battles, the ratling gun might solve that problem all by itself.

Greetz