PDA

View Full Version : 1500 VC v HE list

thechosenone
20-08-2009, 19:38
Hey, if anyone can give me a suggestion or two for facing my high elf opponent please do so. Its actually gunna be a little over 1500, probably a 1550 game but i can adjust 50 points easy. Its the build i'm more concerned about

Vampire Hero
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the Dead
Helm of COmmand
Black Periapt

Vampire Hero
Infanite Hatred
Avatar of death two close combat weapons
Sword of battle
book of arkhan

Vampire Hero
Forbidden Lore (Lore of Beasts)
Lord of the dead
2 power stones

20 skeletons with spears
full command

20 skeletons with shield and swords
full command

corpse cart
bale fire

10 grave guard
great weapons and full command
banner of the barrows (This is what i'd drop if i had to make 1500 exactly)

5 fell bats

Varghulf

I know he'll try to run a dragon with a mage, spearmen of course, a bolt thrower, mounted calvary, maybe a second mage.

Give me some tips on what to do and if this list will work pretty please.

FictionalCharacter
20-08-2009, 20:16
Vampire Hero
Infanite Hatred
Avatar of death two close combat weapons
Sword of battle
Dispel Scroll

just off the top of my head, if you use the sword of battle you won't also get the +1 attack because of carrying two close combat weapons, and vice versa.

that said, thanks for reminding me that i can easily and inexpensively get 4 attacks and some armor on a vamp without breaking the bank. i always forget that two close combat weapons is an option.

also, are helm of command and black periapt both arcane items? i don't think so, but i can never remember. if they are, that build is illegal.

also, why 2x30 skeletons instead of 3x20, especially if two vamps have lord of the dead. and 10 grave guard is likely not enough to do anything but be expensive... i've experimented with a 7x2 formation with great weapons, but i haven't had a heaping load of luck with it yet.

azindal
20-08-2009, 20:30
3 x 20 for the skellies would be a great idea, as you have 2 Vamps that can raise them higher than starting anyway.

Those GG (unless screened) will get turned to dust by a RBT, seems a waste to me. Can you not get a blacknight unit for the same price?

That Vamp with Beast lore, how do you plan on using him?
If its for Bears anger then i suggest giving him the m9 talisman & have him charge about smacking stuff (i use a similar build with a zombie werewolf model i have and its hella fun)

thechosenone
20-08-2009, 20:32
just off the top of my head, if you use the sword of battle you won't also get the +1 attack because of carrying two close combat weapons, and vice versa.

that said, thanks for reminding me that i can easily and inexpensively get 4 attacks and some armor on a vamp without breaking the bank. i always forget that two close combat weapons is an option.

also, are helm of command and black periapt both arcane items? i don't think so, but i can never remember. if they are, that build is illegal.

also, why 2x30 skeletons instead of 3x20, especially if two vamps have lord of the dead. and 10 grave guard is likely not enough to do anything but be expensive... i've experimented with a 7x2 formation with great weapons, but i haven't had a heaping load of luck with it yet.

thanks for the thoughts so far. I guess i didn't realize it but now that you mention it i guess i wouldn't get the extra attack because no item gets its special rules if its a magick item right? but yeah you can get cheap attacks like that.

Black P and Helm are not both arcane, one's enchanted. I make the skeleton's 6 wide and it gives me some extra frontage. To me, its less units that need support spells like van hels cast on them.

thechosenone
20-08-2009, 22:35
revised it to be a 1535 point total.

Switched out a dispel scroll for book of arkhan and reduced skeleton units to 20 in size.

Tarian
20-08-2009, 22:39
I think you need more numbers. HE hit very hard, and can crumble a LOT of undead very quickly. Also, your magic doesn't seem strong enough to keep up a sustained offense vs. HE mages.

thechosenone
21-08-2009, 19:05
well as far as my magick, that's about all the magick level i can have short of giving all my vampires dark acolyte but that eliminates almost all other vampire bloodline powers. I have a level 2 and two level one casters, two bound spells, power stones and the ability to store a die. Its about all i got at this point level

I could go a few more skeletons and drop banner of the barrows but i'm not sure if that's useful or not. I can always invocations to up those numbers, i sort of thought along thos elines that why i did lord of the dead on some vamps.

Not that i'm not opposed to your ideas, i just got about all the magick i can get.