PDA

View Full Version : 2k Empire, a revised list, review?

The Night Sojourner
10-01-2006, 18:25
Lords and heroes:
Elector count
w/ holy relic, full plate, and shield............................140

lvl 2 wizard............................................ ................95

captain
w/ full plate and shield............................................ .68

Warrior Priest
w/ heavy armor and shield........................................101

Special:
2x 5 man pistoliers........................................ ...........190

2 great cannons........................................... ...........200

Core:
5 huntsmen.......................................... ...................50

2x 16 spearmen w/ shields........................................... ..450
full comands
w/ 6 man archer and 8 man free company detachment

2x swords men w/ standard, musicain................................430
w/ 6 man archer and 8 man free company detachment

16 halberdiers....................................... ...................215
w/ musicain, std bearer

Rare:
Halfling hot pot............................................... ...........50

Army is compromised of the following idea:

its a psuedo swarm using empire tactics/ overwhelming numbers of small brigades to prevent being flank, and out move the opponent.

Organization:

A brigade of spearmen, and swordsmen line up together
w/ support of a pistolier unit and a cannon, which will be deployed on the flank or in between the detachment. The arhers form a screen for the brigades
This is my "divison"

I have one on the right and one on the left,
Halberiders lead by my general take center with support of my psuedo artillery: halfling hot pot.

Huntsmen form a scouting party designed to slow the enemys as I ready my divisons.

If you want to know more, just leave a comment. How's is this for an Empire Army Corps?

Keller
10-01-2006, 21:32
Definately an interesting idea. However, I see 3 potential problems. First and foremost, spacial issues. Empire require a lot of room to employ their detachments, especially when working with a line of infantry. Having 2 units paired, each flanked by a detachment, means you have to have space for 4 units. Since you are doing this on two sides, you have to find the room in each place for all of your units. This may or not be a problem, depending on how big of a table, and how much terrain you play with. I know my Empire army often feels cramped when I start taking many units, so I just warn you about that.

Secondly, your magic ability is a bit low. Again, this will depend on how you typically play; some groups play magic heavy (4-6 levels average), some go lighter (0-3 levels). It depends on how everyone in the group plays, but really doesn't take much to raise the average level. Against armies with 5+ levels of magic (plus bound items), you could run into problems. Personally, I prefer playing in games with about as much magic as you have here.

Lastly, you don't have enough shooting, IMO. Shooting is an important part of a balanced Empire army, as it really helps to thin the enemy before they get to you. I wouldn't say you have to take tons of gunners, but I would replace your cannons with mortars, as they can really thin enemy regiments. I just think you need some way to hurt the enemy before combat, especially since your units lack the numbers to survive mulitple rounds. Even 1 casualty and you lose a rank bonus.