PDA

View Full Version : Rules and O&G rules quries

Death Korp
20-08-2009, 20:34
Hello all,

Me and my Dad played a game using my Warriors of Chaos against his Orcs and Goblins. it was a good game that came down to a draw, but we had a couple of rules quiries we wanted to ask so that we know for next time.

If possible, can you refer to the page number it is on too in the BFSP rulebook, as we'll need convincing :D

Here we go:

1. 2 units are in a prolonged combat. If neither side has charged and are in combat, and one side wipes the enemy out, can they make an overrun move, or do they stay where they are?

2. A friendly unit is broken, and friendly units that are in combat are within 6" from the fleeing unit. Do the units in combat have to take a panic check for friendly fleeing units?

And the complicated on, that came down to a die roll.

3. The Magic item, the 'Amulet of Protectyness' states that you use the save Armour and Ward save as the person attacking you. If the character was in a Chariot, and the enemy model was on foot and had a shield, would you include the shield AS bonus for been in combat to the swapped armour save, or would you keep the normal armour save? It sounds complicated, so i'll give you the example:

Orc Chariot with Orc BSB is in combat with a unit of Chaos Warriors. The Chaos Warriors hit him and wound him. They have a 2+ armour save in combat with a shield, but that combat shield bonus only affects models on foot right? The Oc BSB is on a chariot and not on foot, so would he benifit from the shield bonus too?

Thank you for looking,

DK

stripsteak
20-08-2009, 20:42
Hello all,

Me and my Dad played a game using my Warriors of Chaos against his Orcs and Goblins. it was a good game that came down to a draw, but we had a couple of rules quiries we wanted to ask so that we know for next time.

If possible, can you refer to the page number it is on too in the BFSP rulebook, as we'll need convincing :D

Here we go:

1. 2 units are in a prolonged combat. If neither side has charged and are in combat, and one side wipes the enemy out, can they make an overrun move, or do they stay where they are?

pg 43 you ahve to have charged that turn to overrun. the winner just sits.

2. A friendly unit is broken, and friendly units that are in combat are within 6" from the fleeing unit. Do the units in combat have to take a panic check for friendly fleeing units?

units in combat never take psych tests pg 48

And the complicated on, that came down to a die roll.

3. The Magic item, the 'Amulet of Protectyness' states that you use the save Armour and Ward save as the person attacking you. If the character was in a Chariot, and the enemy model was on foot and had a shield, would you include the shield AS bonus for been in combat to the swapped armour save, or would you keep the normal armour save? It sounds complicated, so i'll give you the example:

Orc Chariot with Orc BSB is in combat with a unit of Chaos Warriors. The Chaos Warriors hit him and wound him. They have a 2+ armour save in combat with a shield, but that combat shield bonus only affects models on foot right? The Oc BSB is on a chariot and not on foot, so would he benifit from the shield bonus too?

Thank you for looking,
you use their armor save. you don't figure out an armor save based on their equipment, whatever save they would get you now get.
DK

answers in the quote cause i was lazy today

Death Korp
20-08-2009, 21:05
Cheers mate :)

DK

T10
20-08-2009, 23:14
The simplest way to use the Amulet of Protectyness is to use the same save(s) that the attacker would have if your character was attacking him. This pretty much solves situational save modifiers like using a hand weapon + shield against attacks from the front, or being aboard a chariot etc.

It doesn't work very well with limited use saves, such a ward save allowed against the first wound suffered and so on. When in doubt, discuss with your opponent and roll a D6 for it if you can't come to an agreement.

-T10

Yrrdead
21-08-2009, 09:21
1. Did the unit wipe them out ? Or did one unit break and get caught by pursuit? A pursuit move would still be made in a combat lasting multiple cc phases. If this wasn't the case than Stripsteak is correct on his statement of the unit sitting there.

2. Answered by strip.

3. In addition to T10 take a look at this. Direwolf OnG FAQ (http://www.geocities.com/mi_whplayers/7th_faqs/og_faq.txt) Under shiny stuff they have covered some other issues you may run into with the Amulet. Realize that most of them aren't "official" but the Direwolf guys normally put pretty fair and legitimate faq's.

Braad
21-08-2009, 17:32
@ Yrrdead
1. As he said, the unit was wiped out. So stripstreak was indeed right.

Yrrdead
21-08-2009, 19:20
Oh I know Strip was right I just thought it was odd to have a protracted combat with OnG and not have one side break (mainly orcs). Neither is undead :P. I was just seeking to clarify what the OP meant by "wiped out."