PDA

View Full Version : 1500 point high elves - NEED HELP!

WhiteKnight
21-08-2009, 05:43
Alright so on saturday, my LGS is having a fantasy event where the objective is to kill everyone else's generals. No matter what, the generals ALWAYS have look out sir, and I'm looking at a lot of people running assassins, tough characters, and all around tough lists. If you kill the enemy general, you take control of their army. This is the current list I have.

Noble - Halberd, armor of caledor, guardian phoenix
mage - ring of corin, dispel scroll, lv 2

spearmen - banner, 15

phoenix guard - 20, full command, war banner

dragon princes - 5

lion chariot

2 bolt throwers

So I need my general to be as unkillable as possible. But there's not much I could do. There's about 4-5 guys signed up, 1 lizardmen player, 1 brettonia, me, a dark elf player, and a skaven player. Skaven I shouldn't have a big issue with, but brettonia, dark elves, and lizards are a bigger issue. I was thinking of a mage with folariath's robes to ignore the mundane attacks but then I thought "what if I get hit by magic missiles?" So then I pulled the noble out. Please give me advice since I REALLY need this win for the prize.

Dr.Rockso
21-08-2009, 07:24
ummm personally i hate my bolt thrower lol always fail when i need to roll...god damn the dice gods....(dont hurt me dice gods).....but yeah maybe drop the second BT and put in an eagle lol....then maybe make the DP a unit of 6 instead of 5...idk i just like 6 lol

The_O
21-08-2009, 15:19
I dont know if you can use special characters, but Tyrion is pretty tough to kill, 0+ As, 4+ ward, regeneration and immune to fire. As for killing the opponents general, RBTs work nicely if you face one on a dragon or Griffon or something.

WhiteKnight
21-08-2009, 23:32
But its only 1500 points, no tyrion. And there aren't any special characters allowed since we don't want the ****** who'll bring out Shadowblade and take out characters. I need a really unkillable character to be my general.

Foxbat
22-08-2009, 01:24
Apart from the AoC set-up already noted, I’ve had a lot of fun with the following two alternatives:
(1) Noble, Dragon Armour, Barded Steed, Golden Shield, Sword of Might
(2) Noble, Dragon Armour, Lance, Barded Steed, Golden Shield, Talisman of Loec

In both cases the Noble has a 2+ Armour Save and forces their opponent’s to re-roll successful hits.

WhiteKnight
22-08-2009, 05:13
Here's the thing though, I need to worry about magic too. I could work in another noble with the banner of the world dragon or the loremaster's cloak.

Signius
22-08-2009, 22:06
Man, the DE player is going to be tough, assuming he takes the inverse ward save item. Which he will unless hes a nice guy.

I would recommend something similar to what Foxbat suggested. Either that or Foliarths Robe with a BSB w/ the world dragon banner, in a unit of say phoenix guard or something else tough. Then only magical CC weapons can harm him at all. However, he would only be good at surviving, that's pretty much it. I think a loadout with a barded steed is your best bet. If you are super worried about magic, you could run the world dragon or loremasters cloak. Honestly though you are probably going to be worse off than all the other players except maybe skaven. None of our guys are that survivable when compared with other armies, that's one of our things.

WhiteKnight
23-08-2009, 06:31
Okay here are the results of the event.

6 players total.

Dwarf player sat in his stupid corner ALL GAME and had his nearly unkillable general in a block of longbeards. Man I wish I brought Pit of Shades. But it was 2k instead of 1500 because not many people showed. So There were 2 lizard players. 1 of which owned all of the armies except the dwarves at the end of the game. The other lizard player and I avoided each other the whole game since we had a "truce". Here's how I did.

20 spearmen + caradryan owned cold one knights when they charged. Phoenix guard get charged by shadowblade. He challenges, I accept with my pheonix guard champ. Phoenix guard champ LIVES!!! I passed my poison wound, passed 3 4+ wards too! Then in my following turn, I smack shadowblade. My spearmen got wittled down by 3 dark elf bolt throwers, my dragon princes got boned by an organ gun, and my lion chariot owned a block of 20 saurus warriors on the charge and overran into the skinks, then got owned by the winner's big cold one deathstar with a guy on carnosaur. My bolt throwers take out the dark elf generals spearmen unit a little bit, and then the other one did nothing against dwarfs. In the end, I ended up in 3rd but I took down a lot with me. The dwarf players gunline is the only reason he lived before the game ended. And my friend, the winning lizards player, owned 4 armies at the end.