PDA

View Full Version : Random Idea for a 1999 High elf Army

wamphyri101
21-08-2009, 11:38
This is an idea I have been toying with for a while now.
1999 allows for HE 3 characters, 1+ core, 5 special and 2 rare

Basically The 2 units of Swordmasters and White Lions Move Forwards Up the Board to Smash the Enemy.

Meanwhile the Shadow warriors with Noble (Shadow Armour) Harass the Enemy warmachines or flanks.

Spearmen will go in 1 long line to act as human shield for the combat troops. (will flee if charged and hope the dragon horn holds my lines) and with the banner should soak those magic missiles also.

The noble with talisman of Hoeth with use the spell (cant remember the name atm) to move 20 and hit enemy war machines also.

The mage will sit in the white lions for protection.

The Elyrion reavers will harass the other flank. May ditch for a lion chariot for Suicide attacks on enemy mages/lone characters

great eagles will either support the combat units of the nobles

High Elves Army (1999)

High Elf Noble
Shadow Armour, Enchanted shield, Sword of might

High Elf Noble
Talisman of Hoeth, Dragon Armour, Great Weapon

Elven Mage
Dispel Scroll, Level 2 mage

Characters (3): 454 Points

21 Spearmen:
Full Command, Banner of Arcane Protection

Core (1): 239points

15 Shadow Warriors

6 Elyrion Reavers:
Bows, Spears

13 Swordmasters of Hoeth
Full command, Blade lord has Talisman of Loec

14 Swordmasters of Hoeth
Full command, Blade lord has talisman of Light
Banner of the lion

14 White lions of Chrace
Full Command, Guardian has the Dragon horn,
Banner of Balance

Special (5): 1206points

Great Eagle

Great Eagle

Rare (2): 100 points

Desert Rain
21-08-2009, 12:24
Hm, looks interesting. Very interesting actually.

First of all, you can't have both enchanted shield and shadow armour, replace it with a normal shield.

15 shadow warriors sounds a bit overkill, but then there's not much to replace some of them with. I would probably drop the reavers and a couple of shadow warriors for a unit of 5 dragon princes. Or just the reavers for a unit of 5 silver helms.

I'm not sure about the 'spearshield' to me it sounds like a waste of points, I would use them as a 4th combat unit in 7x3 formation instead.

wamphyri101
21-08-2009, 13:17
huh I always thought you could take multible magic armour as long as it was different type (Ie 1 shield, 1 helmet, 1 chest etc)

Oh well. Decided to drop the reavers for something abit more supportive for the combat troops.

The Spearmen line is only against lots of shooting to give my infiltrators time to take down some shooting to save my poor swordmasters.

I think I might test this out at my games club on Wednesday. it looks like fun to play... problem is if i like it alot I will want to use it for our local tournament on the 5th rather than the "secret" list ive done for it.

Heres the amendments:

High Elves Army (1998)

High Elf Noble
Shadow Armour, Guardian Phoenix, Great Weapon: 143pts

High Elf Noble
Talisman of Hoeth, Dragon Armour, Great Weapon: 144pts

Elven Mage
Dispel Scroll x2, Level 2 mage

Characters (3): 462 Points

21 Spearmen:
Full Command, Banner of Arcane Protection (

Core (1): 239points

12 Shadow Warriors

6 Dragon Princes

13 Swordmasters of Hoeth
Full command, Blade lord has Talisman of Loec

14 Swordmasters of Hoeth
Full command, Blade lord has talisman of Light, Banner of the lion

14 White lions of Chrace
Full Command, Guardian has the Dragon horn, Banner of Balance

Special (5): 1212points

Great Eagle

Great Eagle

Rare (2): 100 points

Desert Rain
21-08-2009, 14:42
huh I always thought you could take multible magic armour as long as it was different type (Ie 1 shield, 1 helmet, 1 chest etc)
No you can't, see page 121 in the rule book. I used believe that too before, to bad it isn't true;)

The Spearmen line is only against lots of shooting to give my infiltrators time to take down some shooting to save my poor swordmasters.
Okay, I thought it had to be something like this. It might actually work really well.

phoenixcrh
21-08-2009, 17:05
In 2000pt games HE need a minimum of 2 core.

wamphyri101
21-08-2009, 17:08
Did you actually read the title of this post or even the first few lines?

Its a 1999 point army
Ie playing games less than 2k point games. Read your high elf book and you will see