PDA

View Full Version : The one thing you'd want to add to your army

grumbaki
21-08-2009, 18:19
What is the one thing that you'd like to add to your army but just haven't gotten around to getting yet?

For my dwarfs: It'd be a gyrocopter. I know that those beauties can be wonders, but I never got around to getting one. It'd be great to have it for the extra mobility.

For my Empire army: I'd say greatswords. As a whole I find Empire infantry dissapointing (except for 12-14 man flagellant units). Having a stubborn block would be a great way to anchor the line.

Nephilim of Sin
21-08-2009, 18:22
A Giant. I have almost 14k of OnG, and still no Giant.:cries:

I think that is the thing I will reward myself with when I get 5k painted up, finally.

Of course, I really, really, really want to eventually get my hands on a Manmangeler. I still think that is one of the best models they have made for OnG....

starlight
21-08-2009, 18:24
Can't think of a thing I don't already have that I'd want for my O&G...

3,000+ points each of Orcs, Goblins, and Snotlings with all the trimmings... :D

For my 40K Greenskins, just a few Stompas and a Gargantuan Squiggoth or two... :angel:

Arguleon-veq
21-08-2009, 18:29
FW Mammoth for my Chaos.
Goblin Hewer for my Dogs of War.
Anvil for my Dwarfs and some Slayers.

Slyphor
21-08-2009, 19:08
Rhinoxen cavalry - those Forgeworld models are great.

Condottiere
21-08-2009, 19:33
Lots of Regiments of Renown.

isidril93
21-08-2009, 19:43
a dragon or 3 to my high elf army

21-08-2009, 20:14
1 brets=hipogriff
2 OnG=snotling pump wagon and another doomdiver or two
3 Dwarfs=gyrocopter and slayers
4 HE=lion chariot, korhil, new dragon, more Shadow warriors (but old ones the new ones are crap)

Enigmatik1
21-08-2009, 20:16
Settra...even though I'd never field him. I like the model.

starlight
21-08-2009, 21:37
Reading the replies and thinking a bit...

Regiments of Reknown would be very nice. :) I once planned to build an entire DoW army...but alas... :(

Terrain - inexpensive terrain. Unfortunately GW's terrain is so expensive I'll usually build my own, but if that was half the price it is now I'd likely drop at least $1,000 to fully outfit my hobby room...

Kayosiv
21-08-2009, 21:44
I need some salamanders/razordons. It's rough with no slann and the best shooting I have to offer coming from skinks.

Avian
21-08-2009, 21:46
Plastic Daemon Prince. :(

bork da basher
21-08-2009, 21:48
if i want something i don't tend to wait for very long before i order it. i have next to zero restraint when it comes to purchasing miniatures.

right now however i WANT the new azhag the slaughterer but i won't pay the price asked for it.

puppetmaster24
21-08-2009, 21:49
an ethereal steam tank to act as a black coach.

lcfr
21-08-2009, 22:05
Definitely a giant; the fact that they're fieldable in so many armies makes it so worthwhile.

hippodude21
21-08-2009, 22:26
a dragon ogre shaggoth and a nice big unit of trolls for my chaos

grailknight
21-08-2009, 22:33
a trebuchet for my brets and cant think for the empire probably a griffin

Nuada
21-08-2009, 22:40
Squig hoppers

....and maybe the night goblin riding the cave squig

sigur
22-08-2009, 01:32
Witch Elves actually. Couldn't get myself to getting them. 5th edition ones were cool but the current ones just don't cut it for me so i'll have to wait for a re-release of them. Shame they haven't redone this DE signature unit so far.

GraveGuard
22-08-2009, 01:46
Great Weapon Shades

Blizzinam
22-08-2009, 02:42
The Saurus army standard model, i love that standard.

And for my marines its a Warhound Titan!

The Red Scourge
22-08-2009, 05:12
Isn't it a little early for christmas wish lists? :)

Vermin-thing
22-08-2009, 08:05
Warp lighting cannon, and a screaming bell for my Skaven, but that will change very soon. :)

Skywave
22-08-2009, 08:59
Some Dog of Wars skeletons (don't remember the unit name). I'd like to add some variety in my skeletons, but I won't pay ebay price for them. Just a few models would be nice, a few Orcs, Skavens and Lizardman mostly. At least I can do it easily with zombies, but I barely use them now.

JoV
22-08-2009, 09:16
More forest goblins with shields and hand weapon...one day.

Regiment of longbeards, the metal ones.

Kislev regiments, any of them! all of them!

snurl
22-08-2009, 09:23
Another clown chariot for my circus army project.

An Abyssmal terror if a model existed for it for my VC army.

Lorcryst
22-08-2009, 17:37
Well, I made a "buying list" for my planned thematic Night Goblin horde ... got most of it (I still need a few Squig Hoppers), but I really need to get my ass in gear and buy two giants ...

gdsora
22-08-2009, 19:02
Just like Enigmatik1

I would like Settra
though I would probably just use him once...and that would only so, I could say that I did use him.

starlight
22-08-2009, 20:59
Some Dog of Wars skeletons (don't remember the unit name). I'd like to add some variety in my skeletons, but I won't pay ebay price for them. Just a few models would be nice, a few Orcs, Skavens and Lizardman mostly. At least I can do it easily with zombies, but I barely use them now.

The Cursed Company (might be more to the name...). :)

Leogun_91
22-08-2009, 21:56
Squighoppers.....the only squig I have is a great cavesquig and it preforms great so I need some hoppers.

willowdark
23-08-2009, 05:29
I wanted Chaos Warhounds for my Dark Riders so badly, but couldn't justify using non mounted models for cavalry. Then, after I bit the bullet and did the token Glade Rider conversions it occurred to me that I could mount a single Beast Master on the middle base beside the Warhound to represent all the Rider's attacks.

Such a great idea but I'd have to scratch all my finished conversions to justify it. I still might have to though.

That, and a Dragon. And the Ultraforge Wardaemon as my Idol of Khiane for my CoB.

So many great modeling idea. And damn! I just gave them all away! :)

Schmapdi
23-08-2009, 05:36
I'd like to add a lot of the squig based units to my night goblins, but I don't like the looks of the current models, so I'm holding off till replacements. Which is all well and good, because frankly I'm sick to death of painting Night Goblins and eager to get to other projects when I finish this batch.

Baggers
23-08-2009, 08:43
The one thing I would like to add to my army ... is the ability to win on a regular basis. Failing that dragons for my High Elves and all the models I want for my new Dwarf army.

Dragune
23-08-2009, 08:45
I wouldn't mind some better dice rolls, miscast and stopped the magic phase 4 times last game....:wtf:.

Other than that I think I'll probably get some kroxigors (the models are AWESOME :D) and a second stegadon next. :cool:

Condottiere
23-08-2009, 08:52
I wanted to add Smurfs, but the question would be, which type?

snurl
23-08-2009, 09:46
How about clear well written rules?

Desert Rain
23-08-2009, 10:23
Lizardmen: A Slann Mage-Priest and some razordons and salamanders.

High Elves: A dragon and a unit of White Lions and one of Phoenix Gurads.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
23-08-2009, 11:29
I only need the model on great cave squiq( I converted my own) and gorbad ironclaw.

Greetz
G

Grapeshot
23-08-2009, 13:11
For my VC, i would really want a Zombie Dragon or an Abyssmal Terror. The latter does not have a minis and the current Zombie Dragon failed to convince me to purchase it. If only it looks as good as Azhag or even better (and bigger).

Crovax20
23-08-2009, 19:23
Steamtank!

I am going to buy one sometime soon... but I first want to finish painting my 60 swordsmen or so, 5 pistoliers, 10 knights, my heroes, a mortar, 10 archers, 10 handgunners...

Yeah, next year I reckon.. or when the urge to get it becomes too great :)

Death Korp
23-08-2009, 19:23
For my Warriors of Chaos, it'd have to be Archeon, a Giant, Hell Cannons, Monsters and more Warriors.

Archeon is such a great model, but I've never though of getting him (until now!)

Cheers,

DK

dlantoub
23-08-2009, 19:33
If this is for models they actually have rules for.

A Warshrine

For just pure wishlisting: An Ogre butcher on a "meat-wagon" pulled by Ironguts.
A 3k army of only giants.

When I think about the pure physical cost of these conversions I whimper and let them stay happy fantasies.

inq.serge
23-08-2009, 20:06
Lots of Regiments of Renown.

QFT.

I'd say blocks of pikes. Many many blocks of pikes. If I had to choose one, I'd say a 28+ (maybe 30) man unit of Riccos Republican Guard.

Gonna buy it one day, but it costs more than 4 regiment boxes.

Jetty Smurf
23-08-2009, 20:24
Kroxigors for my lizardmen army.

If nothing else, they look amazing!

Also, a 3rd stegadon, but that can wait till I finish the other 2 I have ><

Ri-xthoal Lord of Lustira
23-08-2009, 20:39
A plastic Stegadon with engine of the gods

Staurikosaurus
24-08-2009, 05:18
Funny. The one thing I'd thought most of us would like to add to our army/armies is paint. :D

Condottiere
24-08-2009, 07:26
Find a subcontractor for that, who you need only pay in beer and pretzels.

iio
24-08-2009, 07:27
A unit of furies. Totaly forgott they existed when I started to calculate my demons of chaos army. When I finnaly hit 2250 points I releaised, whait whats missing? Ofc the furies! Got to catch some rather soon I belive. Sucks that I have to make another comission to my personal painter. Again.

Keller
24-08-2009, 13:52
Funny. The one thing I'd thought most of us would like to add to our army/armies is paint. :D

QFT. I have tons of models laying about that I need to paint up!

Hmm, lets see. If I count things that I have but aren't painted, I'd add in:

Empire: Knights. With over 5000 points, I have about 6 knights; I could do with another 20 or so.

VC: Corpse Cart. I've still got tons of infantry about to assemble/paint, so I've never gotten around to adding in a CC. Hopefully it will still be in the next book, so I can get around to it eventually.

Ogre Kingdoms: Scrap Launcher. The model looks like a nightmare, so I've been meaning to make my own and never gotten around to it.

Dwarves: I'm just starting these, so haven't much yet. Either Quarrels to replace my thunderers or some warrior Rangers.

Mercules
24-08-2009, 15:12
Ogre Kingdoms: Scrap Launcher. The model looks like a nightmare, so I've been meaning to make my own and never gotten around to it.

It is. I opened mine, arranged the pieces, and then decided I am going to need a pinning kit with some super tiny pins before even trying. I don't want to paint it and have it fall apart the first time it is on the board.

I would like to add a Slave Giant to my Ogre collection. I've been slowly collecting small scrapes of various chains from craft stores and cheap jewelry. It isn't so much for the unit itself, just the model. I have to compete with my friend's O&G Christmas themed giant called "Winthorpe", yes he has a fish in his beard for those that get the reference.

I have been thinking about getting a Dragon and converting it to be a WE dragon or buying the Sisters and not using it for the Sisters just a normal dragon. Just to have another option for a Lord in my WE army.

I would like to collect a whole new army while I am at it, probably a Nurgle version of WoC.

Commodus Leitdorf
24-08-2009, 16:10
Swordsmen for my Empire....oddly enough I don't have any (spears FTW ;))

yabbadabba
24-08-2009, 16:28

Agreed. Oh and a winning streak - even if it is a run of 1 :D

Onidan
24-08-2009, 18:49
Hm, good question.

I guess for my Dwarfs itīd be Ironbreakers and an Anvil. I just never got around buying some, and right now I have too much to paint allready to justify any new pruchases.

For my Ogres itīs a Scrappy and a (Bull) Rhinox Rider. Scrappyīs just to much fiddly bits and see dwarfen reasons. Rhinox Riders are too much for me yet to convert, and the FW ones are (while great looking) a tad expensive.

For my Lizards I have everything I need. Only unit I donīt have are Chameleons, and those guys are not really my kind of beer.

Lordsaradain
24-08-2009, 18:55
Steam tank for my Empire.
Plastic Daemon Prince for my WoC when it is released and the lord on juggernaut simply because the model is awesome.
Flesh hounds for my DoC (though I will proably convert my own rather than get the original models).

My VC, DE, O&G, OK and BoC(I've put this army on the shelf in wait for a new armybook) don't really need any additions atm.

maaksel
24-08-2009, 19:13
Honestly - now that I'm a 'grown up' making good money, I just buy what I want =P

Demons (Slaanesh only) have 2 keepers, 3 DP's, 60 nettes, 6 fiends and 15 seekers
Dwarfs - everything, all machines x2 (cannon x4), 1 gyro
Ogres - I could add a few rhinox riders I think, I have 2 bulls.
Dark Elves - Haven't touched them since mid 6th - Maybe some more wytches
WoC - Tzeentch from 6th, if I decide to play them again, some war shrines and then heralds/lords as appropriate.

grailknight
24-08-2009, 21:48
brets dont need any new units, empire could use pikes or skirmished handgunners and witch hunters, wood elves dryadcentaur hydrid creature would be cool

Staurikosaurus
24-08-2009, 21:53
Agreed. Oh and a winning streak - even if it is a run of 1 :D

I have that problem with 40k. The dice hate me. It's part of the reason I play lizardmen - you can get a re-roll for damn near everything.

Hmm, in that case my armies need new dice. . . and paint.

Sheena Easton
25-08-2009, 23:17
A Forest Goblin Shaman on a Giant Spider .
A Forest Goblin Shaman on a Gigantic Spider.

I have models for both - I just want to be able to *use* them like I could back in ye olde dayes...

Longshanks
25-08-2009, 23:36
Grand Theogonist Volkmar. That is one bad ass model that is begging to be the centre piece of my Empire army.

The Inspector
26-08-2009, 01:28
Top of the list would be some Fell Bats. I need something that moves fast and yet doesn't need to be babysat by a Varghulf to march, and the 20" fly move does that for me. That, coupled with the bat's strange infantry classification means that I can raise D6 wounds into the unit makes them a unit I would really like to take to the battlefield with.

Trouble is, they are so damn ugly and expensive.

Oh, and a Zombie Dragon and Black Coach (or two!) just for sake of ownership.

Slot
26-08-2009, 02:06
Skaven Clanrats... not long now... i've only been waiting about 15 years ;)

burad
26-08-2009, 02:12
Horse artillery (gallopers).
Followed by pikes that have shot detachments.

orcsorks
26-08-2009, 19:48
As far as models that exist and are still produced and have valid rules: Warrior Priest & Great Cannon (yes, I am one of the completely insane Empire players who doesn't routinely field a Great Cannon :wtf:)

As far as models that don't have valid rules but I wish were still around and would play if they were: Empire dwarfs, halflings, ogres, and the War Wagon (just for shiggles). Note: yes, I have done lists that use the Dogs of War rules for dwarfs/ogres/haflings from time to time, but it just isn't the same...:eyebrows: